FPA Co-sponsors Health-Care Information Campaign
- What's new in women's health on CHN. Merrill, Alex // Network Magazine of the Canadian Women's Health Network;Spring/Fall2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2/3, p23
Reports on other developments in the women's health care sector of Canada. Availability of health information through the Canadian Health Network; Questions for mothers to ask their teenage daughters about the reproductive system; Web site for more information.
- Evaluation of the First 10 Years of the Office of Research on Women's Health at the National Institutes of Health: Selected Findings. Stone, Jacquelyn; Pinn, Vivian W.; Rudick, Joyce; Lawrence, Mary; Carlyn, Marcia // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p234
The article discusses the results of the evaluation of the Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH) at the National Institutes of Health. The evaluation tries to assess the achievement of the goals of ORWH in its first ten years. The results show that ORWH was very active in participating and...
- Public Roundtable on Future Directions in Women's Health Research at the National Institutes of Health. Stone, Jacquelyn; Pinn, Vivian W.; Lawrence, Mary; Lynch, Barbara S. // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p248
The article reports on the research conducted by the Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH) of the National Institute of Health (NIH). The ORWH conducts research focusing on women's health to be able to respond to the need of advancing women in biomedical careers. This process of conducting...
- The Center's Women's Resource Center to promote Breast Health Awareness Day. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/12/2004, Issue 868, p20
Looks into the issue of women's health care through an event hosted by the Center's Women's Resource Center and Comprehensive Health Center in California. Topics to be discussed at the event; Contact information.
- Feminist ethics of care and Ubuntu. Hall, D.; du Toit, L.; Louw, D. // Obstetrics & Gynaecology Forum;Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p29
Worldwide, training in ethics theory and practice, as an integral part of medical training, is gaining in importance. This article problematises for our South African context the Western and masculine biases that are still prevalent in most of the dominant moral theories taught, such as...
- Determinants of utilization of antenatal care services in Kumbotso village, Northern Nigeria. Kabir, M.; Iliyasu, Z.; Abubakar, I. S.; Sani, A. A. // Tropical Doctor;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p110
Women of childbearing age in a rural community in Kano state were interviewed to ascertain the determinants of utilization of antenatal care services in the village. Of the 200 women studied, 118 (59%) utilized antenatal care services during pregnancy. A majority (86%) of those who attained...
- Women's Health Q&A. // Network Magazine of the Canadian Women's Health Network;Spring2000, Vol. 3 Issue 1/2, p24
Presents question and answer advisories regarding women's health. Details of the changes in Health Canada's Health Protection Branch; Views on early puberty in young girls.
- Make Your Period Easier. Crain, Esther // Cosmopolitan;Jan2005, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p178
The article cites a study, which reports on some techniques to handle the menstrual period comfortably. The article suggest to stock more than one type of tampon to stop the flow. It further suggests to avoid that last-minute dash to the drugstore by keeping a range of tampons on hand for each...
- Bulletin Board. Campbell, Vashti // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Apr2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p199
The article presents news and announcements from women's health centers around the world. The Family Violence Prevention Fund (FVPF) is an American organization that works to end violence against women and children around the world. In conjunction with leading U.S. experts, the FVPF has released...