Financial Planning Transitions: The Gender Difference
- Christina Baldwin on Story, Storytelling, and 'Who Put the Honey in Your Heart?'. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
The article presents an interview with author Christina Baldwin. She believes storytelling lies at the heart of human language. The notion of story is important to financial planning because story helps to create a stronger foundation of understanding with clients. Men tend to value...
- What Women Want. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p14
The article discusses issues related to the needs of women in relation to the financial planning industry. The author cites several factors considered by some editors when they worked on a financial magazine project. She mentions the primacy of life stage over age among women. The author also...
- GENDER BIAS IN MANAGERS' EVALUATION OF INDUSTRIAL SALESWOMEN. Comer, Lucette B. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1995, Vol. 6, p231
Investigates gender bias in managers evaluation on industrial saleswomen in the United States. Effects of stereotypic thinking on evaluative judgments of managers; Perceptions of gender stereotypes; Factors affecting the evaluation performance of saleswomen.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE SALES FORCE: AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION. Fine, Leslie M.; Shepherd, C. David; Josephs, Susan L. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1995, Vol. 6, p233
Investigates sexual harassment of women in the sales force. Factors affecting the incidence of sexual harassment; Recognition of sexual harassment as barriers to job success; Importance of gender differences in understanding buyer-seller relationship and salesperson performance.
- GENDER AND MARITAL DIFFERENCES IN WEALTH AND INVESTMENT DECISIONS. Lyons, Angela; Neelakantan, Urvi; Scherpf, Erik // Journal of Personal Finance;2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p57
Wealth is an important source of financial well-being and investment is an important vehicle to accumulate wealth. A large body of literature has focused on analyzing the systematic differences in wealth and investment behavior across gender and marital states. This paper provides a broad...
- Teen Financial Knowledge, Self-Efficacy, and Behavior: A Gendered View. Danes, Sharon M.; Haberman, Heather R. // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p48
A social constructionist perspective was taken in the current investigation of 5,329 male and female high school students. Gender differences were investigated in financial knowledge, self-efficacy, and behavior after studying a financial planning curriculum. Females gained more knowledge on...
- Gender Differences in Personal Saving Behaviors. Fisher, Patti J. // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
Gender differences in personal saving behaviors among single person households were investigated using the 2007 Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF). Determinants of short-term and regular saving behavior were found to differ by gender. Women (n = 702) were less likely to save in the short term if...
- Public policies: Are they gender-neutral? Moon, Marilyn // Generations;Summer90, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p59
Examines the gender neutrality of public policies in the United States. Gender differences that affect a public policy; Rates of poverty by sex; Discrimination of women in Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Gender & public policy. Quadagno, Jill; Meyer, Madonna Harring // Generations;Summer90, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on the relationship of gender and public policy in the United States. Market-based eligibility rules in public old-age pensions; Advantage of the dual eligibility structure of the Social Security system for women; Conditions for pensions; Basis of access for private pensions; Gender...