Officials Begin Preparing for Dallas Cowboys Stadium Funding; RFPs Coming
- Texas City Plans Bond Sale to Help Fund New Cowboys Stadium. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p36
Reports on the plan to issue bonds backed by the sales tax revenues by Arlington, Texas. Use of the funds to construct a stadium for the Dallas Cowboys; Agreement between the city and the team to jointly finance the stadium; Move of the city to endorse the question to the voters.
- Louisiana's Foster Opposes Push for New Stadium in Big Easy. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p36
Focuses on professional sports teams demanding the construction of stadiums in New Orleans. Offers of Governor Mike Foster to sell revenue bonds; Analysis on each project; Responsibility of the state to produce stadiums.
- Florida City Selling $203 Million of Sales Tax Bonds for 'Better Jacksonville' Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p5
Reports that Jacksonville, Florida is pricing sales tax revenue bonds in the third tranche of the infrastructure portion of the 'Better Jacksonville Plan' that was approved by voters in 2000. Citigroup Global Market Sales Inc.'s negotiation of the sale of the Series 2004 serial and term bonds...
- N.Y.C. to Sue State to Get Tax Revenues. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/13/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31698, p1
Reports on the intention of New York City to sue New York State in order to force the state to comply with a law authorizing the transfer of $170 million in state sales tax revenue to the city and enable the city to proceed with a bond sale as of August 13, 2003. Challenges posed due to...
- Silicon Valley Transit Agency Eyes Bonding Against Future Sales Tax Revenues. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/1/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31668, p48
Reports on plans of Santa Clara County, California-based Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) to legally sell its bonds, which are backed by future sales tax revenues, as of July 1, 2003. Possible utilization of sales tax revenues generated through sale of bonds; Reasons which led...
- Missouri County Officials OK Vote on Bi-State Sales Tax. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p36
Reports on the vote of the Jackson County, Missouri board to put a proposed bi-state Kansas-Missouri sales tax on the November 2 ballot. Effort of county officials to raise money for the renovation of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals football and baseball stadiums; Approval of Johnson County,...
- Midwest Sees Mixed Results for Bond Questions, and New Faces in Office. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p34
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Midwest on November 2, 2004. School bond issue in Ohio; Sales tax increase for financing stadium renovations in Kansas City, Missouri; Bond measures in Detroit, Michigan.
- East Baton Rouge Parish to Refund $94.2M of Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p3
The article reports on the plan of East Baton Rouge Parish in Louisiana to refund $92.5 million of adjustable-rate bonds. The bonds were insured by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. and need refunding because they could not be held by money market funds when the enhancement given by the bond...
- Utah Sales Tax Debt Moratorium Studied. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p4
The article reports that lawmakers in Utah are closer to removing a sales tax from groceries and they are likely to consider calling for a moratorium on the issuance of sales tax revenue bonds pending an investigation into how the loss of that revenue would affect the ability of issuers to repay...