Illinois Health Board Rejects Three Hospital Proposals, Green-Lights One
- Weighing need against want. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;11/8/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the notice given by Glenn Poshard, planning board chairman of Illinois Health Facilities, to hospitals seeking certificate-of-need (CON) approval for hospital projects in 2004. Statement of Poshard about the certificate; Denial of CON approval to hospital projects of Edward Health...
- The latest board games. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;10/15/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p28
The article reports that legislative and regulatory scrutiny has pressured not-for-profit hospitals-much like for-profit public corporations-to respond to criticism. Not-for-profit hospital boards are all over the map in size and composition. Some are taking steps to declare their independence...
- Poshard's tight with labor, but no biz hater. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;06/08/98, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on Democratic gubernatorial nominee Glenn Poshard. Poshard's response towards labor issues; Percentage Poshard scored from the Illinois Manufacturer's Assocation; Comments from Poshard.
- FOLLOWING THE RULES. Sandrick, Karen // Trustee;May2007, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p33
The article discusses the regulatory issues that health care institution boards need to know. It explains the concept underlying the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act. It states that hospitals must provide medical screening to any patient and determine whether the patient needs...
- SMH seeking citizens' input regarding healthcare. Treul, Don // Breckenridge American;1/24/2009, p1
The article reports on the announcement of the plan of Stephens Memorial Hospital (SMH) to form a committee willing to work with the board and administrators to improve health care in Stephens County, Texas during a meeting on January 22, 2009. SMH administrator Robbie Dewberry mentioned that...
- Howard Brown: New board, more questions. NAIR, YASMIN // Windy City Times;8/3/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p12
The article discusses the challenges facing Howard Brown Health Center (HBHC) in Chicago, Illinois following the reorganization of the board of directors in July 2011.
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Catholic Healthcare West is Now Dignity Health. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;1/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on Catholic Healthcare West which has changed its name to dignity health. It further informs that the new name and structure of governance in order to preserve the identity and integrity of Catholic and non-Catholic hospitals for growth. It also lists all the...
- Poshard's corporate tax stand ignites biz ire. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;07/20/98, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p4
Reports that in Chicago, Illinois, politician Glenn Poshard, introduced a plan to rescind corporate tax giveaways worth $405 million. Speculation on the consequences of Poshard's action; Benefits that Poshard suggests will arise from the rescind of corporate tax giveaways; Views of advisors to...
- Who after Poshard? Gizzi, John // Human Events;05/23/97, Vol. 53 Issue 20, p11
Reports on Democrat Glenn Poshard's intention to run for governor of Illinois. Victory in 1988 elections from downstate Illinois' `Little Egypt'; Winning in primaries in 1992 over Terry Bruce.