Estimated Cost of Proposed Maryland Highway Rises to $2.1 Billion
- Municipals Again Drift Downward; Current, Future Supply Looms Large. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bonds in the U.S. Inflation; Jobless claims; Assessment of municipal bond yields.
- Munis Unchanged as Data Matches Expectations. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p2
The article reports on the unchanged municipal bonds market in New York. It is stated that the municipal bonds in the state has been unchanged since the inflation data has matched the expectations. Information about the developments in trade as reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking...
- Munis Finish Lower as Buyers Retreat Amid New Concerns About Inflation. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32229, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market finished lower as buyers retreated from the market amid concerns about inflation and new economic issues in the U.S. Loosening of offerings from traders; Cheaper trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Performance of treasuries after...
- Munis Climb and Treasuries Rally; $853M of N.Y.C. Bonds Repriced. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32136, p2
The article reports that with a benign inflation report sparking a rally in Treasuries, the United States municipal bond market climbed higher and investors showed strong demand for a heavy calendar of new issues, including 853 million dollars of New York City tax-exempt paper. Traders said...
- Munis, Treasuries Higher in Light Trading. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32391, p2
The article presents information on the overall performance of municipal and treasury markets in the U.S. The municipal market has performed modestly over the past few weeks while tax-exempt yields have declined by two basis points. The market had a positive tone after closely watching inflation...
- Chicago Skyway Bond Proceeds Won't Be Used for Other Projects. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p1
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' decision not to use any of the proceeds from a Skyway toll-backed bond issue to fund transportation projects elsewhere in the city. Legal challenge on the city's use of proceeds from a 1996 issue; Estimated value of the Skyway bond deal.
- Municipals Dip With Treasuries; NJ. Transport Trust Sells $851M. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31979, p2
Reports on bond market activities in the U.S. as of September 29, 2004. Decline of the municipal bond market along with the Treasuries; Amount of transportation system bonds sold by the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority; Difficulty in keeping the yield of 10-year notes below the 4...
- Growing Clark County, Nev., to Forward Refund $120M of GOs. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p32
Reports on Clark County, Nevada's issuance of limited-tax general obligation bonds in a forward refunding in July 2005. Total amount of the limited-tax general obligation bonds; Master transportation plan of Clark County; Expected ratings of the deal.
- Gas Tax Debt on Hold. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on the Washington Finance Committee to defer the issuance of transportation bonds if a measure that would repeal the gas tax increase qualifies for the November 2005 ballot.