With an Eye for Open Space, Florida Voters OK Bond Sales
- Florida Agency Unveils $1.5 Billion Proposal to Rejuvenate Everglades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p1
Reports that the South Florida Water Management District unveiled on October 14, 2004, a $1.5 billion plan financed with certificates of participation that will leverage state funds to accelerate its plan to rejuvenate the Florida Everglades. Key features of the agency's Comprehensive Everglades...
- Long Island Voters to Weigh Debt for the Environment. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p5
Reports that county and local lawmakers on New York's Long Island approved sending three of four major environmental bond deals to a vote in November 2004. Anticipation that the fourth deal, expected to bring the combined new-money authorization to 225 million dollars, will be approved on August...
- Happy Earth Day! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Apr2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, following p4
Suggests ways for the conservation of natural resources.
- Top 10 Things to Do to Stay Green at Camp Top Ten. Horner, Tom; Kane, Andy; Parry, Jim; Speers-Holmes, Jessica // Camping Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p1
The article lists ten ways of being environmentally aware at camp including forming a "green committee," starting an environmental program for campers, and switching to compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Save our countryside. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
Features the efforts of The Nature Conservancy, a non-profit organization that oversees the world's system of private nature preserves, in seeking out the earth's natural wonders to conserve them for posterity. Inclusion of 40 sites as part of the organization's `Last Great Places Campaign';...
- The Nature Conservancy is worthy of your support. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/07/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p22
Supports the environmental protection efforts of The Nature Conservancy in Utah.
- Appendix A: Global Environmental Snapshot. // Andorra Country Review;2001/2002, p49
Presents an overview to global environmental conditions as of 2001. Variation of nature and intensity of environmental problems from region to region; Increased awareness of perils affecting the global environment in the last third of the 20th century; Association of rapid rates of resource...
- The Nature Conservancy. Greene, George; Burns, Jean // South Carolina Business;1993, Vol. 13, p82
Features The Nature Conservancy, an environmental organization. Proponents of the free enterprise system; Business-like approach to protection of environment; Purchase of Bonny Hall Plantation in Beaufort County, South Carolina; Protection of ACE (Ashepoo, Combahee, Edisto Rivers) Basin; Support...
- Nature in a jar. // World Watch;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, following p41
Calls for the participation of every individual in the conservation of natural resources and in the protection of the environment.