- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- Muni Funds Bounce Back Thanks to Falling Interest Rates. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p6
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond mutual fund in the U.S. during the third quarter of 2004. Nature of the funds that did the best during the quarter; Sensitivity of insured funds to changes in interest rates; Factors aiding tobacco bond performance.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, February 14. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p2
Presents a snapshot of the bond market in the United States on February 14, 2005. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis Slightly Firmer, Lag Treasury Rally. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32837, p2
The article reports on contributing factors to the firmer performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of March 17, 2008. Trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board were slightly firmer and the Treasury market showed gains, such as the yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- Munis Higher, Following Treasuries; N.Y. Counties Sell $408M Tobacco Deal. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Highlights the activities in the municipal bond market in the United States as of August 18, 2005. Sale of tobacco bonds by the primary 10 New York counties; Trends in the secondary market; Primary-market activity; First Albany Capital Inc.'s pricing for the New York Counties Tobacco Trust IV bonds.
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p7
Lists competitive and negotiated note and bond offerings in the United States as of August 19, 2005. Description; Amount; Time of sale; Financial advisor; Legal opinion; Maturity date; Insurer; Ratings.
- May Volume Barely Tops 2006, But Year-to-Date Sales Up 30%. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p52
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. as of June 1, 2007. The year-to-date totals of municipal bonds which was sold continued to overshadow 2006 with 2007 issuance levels almost 30 percent higher than in 2006. In 2007, $173.78 million of bonds have been...