Celebrating Cable's Best for Women
- Cox, CNN Go Back to School. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p29
Reports the link of a community-based educational project of Cox Communications Inc. with the Cable News Network in the U.S. Goals of the project; Partners of Cox for the 'Line to Learning' promotions; Support materials of the project.
- Symonds Saysâ€¦. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p4
The article focuses on the stand of outgoing Cox CEO Jim Robbins on issues affecting the cable industry in the U.S. Robbins comments on the unfair competitive advantages of telecommunication companies in the cable business. According to him, cable operators excelled as providers of service and...
- TCI ramps up programming for its all TV digital service. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;05/19/97, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p4
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) carriage cable agreement with Disney and C-SPAN and on its affiliation deal with Cox Communications Inc. Terms of the agreements; Comments from TCI officials; Impact on TCI's television digital service.
- CTAM Teleseminar Spurs Local Chapter Growth. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p26
Reports the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing teleseminar. Telecast of the event to regional CTAM chapters via satellite; Statement of Joe Rooney, vice president of marketing for Cox Communications Inc.; Adoption of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS).
- Pipeline Profile: Chris Bowick. // CT's Pipeline;11/28/2006, p5
The article presents an interview with Cox Communications Chief Technical Officer Chris Bowick. Bowick discusses the commitment of Cox Communications in improving its services and enhancing customer experience. He also discusses the status of the iTV project of the company. iTv suite of...
- Across enemy lines. Booth, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the competition between the cable and telephone industries for customers in Ohio. According to Caryn Candisky, director of public affairs for AT&T Ohio, the business is driven really by customer demand. Cable operators such as Cox Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable...
- Time Warner adds new Wink interactive service to L.A. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the partnership of Wink Communications Inc.'s Enhanced Broadcasting with Time Warner Communication for digital cable services in Los Angeles, California. Agreements of the partnership; Statement of Executive Vice President Melinda White concerning the partnership; Broadband operation...
- Newhouse Could Claim 2M Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports the negotiation between America Online Time Warner Inc. and Newhouse family for a cable television operation partnership in the U.S. Removal of cable television subscribers from Time Warner Cable; Speculation of Wall Street investors on the outcome of the negotiation; Expansion of cable...
- Nick adds carriage. // Daily Variety;12/19/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p8
Reports the partnership between Nickelodeon Latin America and Argentine cabler Cablevision.