HOW DOES WIRELESS FIT INTO CABLE'S PLANS?
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- Cable goes wireless. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p34
Reports that some cable television operators in the United States are turning to wireless devices for a boost in revenue. Ways that AT&T Broadband plans to make money off of wireless services; Wireless standards; Services networked inside the home.
- Wireless on the wane? Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/20/98, Vol. 128 Issue 17, p50
Focuses on the poor performance of wireless cable operators in the United States. Demise of Bell Atlantic Corporation, Nynex Corporation and Pacific Bell Corporation; Amount of money that the nation's largest wireless cable company, Heartland Wireless Communications Incorporated owes in debt;...
- Wireless cable digital alliance formed. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/94, Vol. 124 Issue 26, p36
Lists the members of the Wireless Cable Digital Alliance, a research and development alliance enabling the delivery of up to 300 channels over the air.
- Branch lines. Rubenstein, Roy // Total Telecom Magazine;May2009, p24
The article reports that multi-system cable operators (MSOs) in the U.S. and Europe are upgrading their networks to become wireless networks which heightens its competition with telecommunications companies. It notes that most MSOs are further advanced when it comes to networks to offer...
- BROADBAND GETS CHEAP. Spring, Tom; McLeod, Ramon G. // PC World;Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p27
Discusses the efforts of cable broadband service providers to offer tiered pricing plans to users. Complaints from users on the slowing down of connections; Efforts of cable providers to emulate digital subscriber line providers.
- Cable modem market to exceed 5.5 million units. // CED;Jul2000, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p18
Presents data on worldwide shipments of cable modems during the first quarter of 2000. Projected number of shipments by the end of 2000; Response to consumer demand for speed.
- Stringing the last mile. Tamanna // Telecom Asia;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
Reports the competition of installing cables to provide Net access into households in India. List of the top five players in the market; Number of subscribers to cable services; Idea of unleashing bandwidth.