Comcast Puts Software Management Under Auspice
- Debt a Key to AT&T Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p2
Reports the acquisition of more debts by bidders for AT&T Broadband to close the deal. Details of AT&Ts allocation of debts; Assumption of cable operator Comcast of $13.5 billion in AT&T debt; Revision of Comcast bid for AT&T.
- D.C. Regulators OK Franchise Transfer. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p32
Reports that the city of Washington D.C. has approved the transfer of the local cable television franchise from AT and T Broadband to Comcast Corp. as of December 11, 2000. Provisions of the franchise transfer agreement; Issues discussed during the negotiation for the franchise transfer.
- D.C. blesses AT&T, Comcast. McClintock, Pamela; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/14/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's approval of the merger between television cable company Comcast Corp. and AT&T Broadband and Internet Services. Impact of the merger on the television broadcasting industry; Benefits of the merger to both companies.
- Cable's new Big 3. // Electronic Media;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p9
Comments on the creation of the Big Three in the cable industry in the United States. Comcast Corp.'s planned purchase of MediaOne Group; Time Warner, Comcast-MediaOne and AT&T Broadband & Internet Services's combined total number of subscribers; Possible increase in cable rates once the cable...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);7/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p35
Presents news briefs on the cable television and telecommunications industry of the U.S. as of July 22, 2002. Launch of SeaChange International to its Voice-On-Demand Experience Tour during the 2002 Cable & Telecommunication Association for Marketing Summit; Announcement of Comcast Corp. on...
- A combined Comcast-AT&T Could Make or Break Nets. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p1
Focuses on United States-based Comcast Corp.'s plan to acquire AT&T Broadband & Internet Services. Goal of taking advantage of latter's sweet carriage deals; Estimated savings in programming costs; Negotiation of better volume discounts for the merged entity.
- Regulatory Forecast Looks Fair. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p5
Focuses on United States-based Comcast Corp.'s proposed merger with AT&T Broadband & Internet Services. Share of the cable market; Willingness of the firm to buy out AT&T's stakes in Time Warner Entertainment and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Bankers Once Again Seek M&A Spurt. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p56
Focuses on cable investment bankers' wish for a revival of merger and acquisition activity in the world of communications industries in the United States. Comcast Corp.'s unsolicited bid for AT&T Broadband & Internet Services; Decline of deal values.
- Comcast's Press Was Good--and Bad. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p68
Focuses on press coverage of United States-based Comcast Corp.'s unsolicited bid for AT&T Broadband & Internet Services. Value of the offer; Venture capitalist Andy Kessler's criticism of the deal; Comcast Corp.'s refusal to offer Comcast SportsNet to satellite and overbuilder competitors.