Cooking Up a Tastier Deal
- Let's Get Digital. Arson, Megan L. // Adweek Southeast Edition;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, pSR24
Forecasts the performance of the cable television industry in the United States in 2002. Expected increase in the number of cable subscriptions in 2002; Other services offered by cable television; Growth rate of the advertising spending for cable; Information on the programming of several cable...
- Ads must be able to pass Kiam test. Mitchell, Alan, // Marketing Week;11/6/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p26
Discusses the need for companies to develop advertising that attracts the more critical consumers of pay-per-view and subscription-based programming in Great Britain. Emergence of a critical consumer disposition towards advertising in pay television; Suggested offer of pay-per-view advertising;...
- Instead of buying time, ITV should tackle the inevitable audience fall. Duffy, Luke // Marketing Week;3/24/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on the audience decline of ITV. Advertisers are far from happy with ITV's dismal impact delivery and the chronic price inflation that has accompanied its poor performance across the first quarter. It could invest record amounts in programming, making good use of the Â£340m...
- Cable exec cites value in tight market. Ostrow, Joe // Advertising Age;4/16/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 16, ps26
The article presents advice to advertisers adopt a long-term strategy for media spending in cable television in the U.S. Consumers think highly of cable programming. Cable television eliminates demographic, geographic and psychographics waste better than any other television form. And cable's...
- The Top 20 DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;May2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p16
Lists the top 20 direct TV national cable rankings in both short and long formats in the United Sates as of May 2004. "Cross Bow"; "Sharper Image"; "Slim in 6"; "Propolene"; "Leptoprin": "Smoke Away".
- Fine Living Launches--Where? Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Reports the launching of Fine Living cable television network. Distribution of the network to cable television subscribers; Advertisers of the network; Schedule of programs.
- Let's Get Digital. Larson, Megan // Adweek New England Edition;9/24/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 39, pSR24
Reports on digital cable services offered by cable television networks. Increase in the total number of cable subscriptions; Discussion on the bundling of services of cable networks; Increase in cable advertisement spending in 2001.
- LOCAL CABLE AD SALES. Applebaum, Simon // Television Week;1/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p22
Relates the strategic efforts of cable networks in the U.S. to raise more local and national spot advertising in 2004. Details of the advertisement package plan developed by Comcast Cable for local and statewide companies; Description of the "Kaboink! Club for Kids" launched by Time Warner...
- Pay per-pre-emption. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the prime time pre-emption and pay strategy of UPN in the United States. Target of network on affiliate agreements; Finalization on affiliation contract on professional basketball; Calculation on advertising revenue loss.