- ADDING PERSPECTIVE TO THE CRITICISM. // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p28
Presents information on the forecasts on the performance of cable systems in 2004. Increases in media spending; Prediction of growth in spot television; Reliance of cable on a diary-measurement system.
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;12/19/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p3
The article presents an update on the advertising industry in the United States as of December 2005. The prime-time scatter buying market is moderate during the first quarter. Pharmaceuticals and automotive advertising on network cable channels declined slightly in the first quarter. Automotive...
- "Per-Inquiry" DRTV and the Internet. Roark, Carlton // Response;Dec2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p40
This article reports that DRTV spots and infomercials are now increasingly opting to order via the Internet instead of the inbound number. This creates an ominous problem for cable TV operators who offer "per-inquiry" DRTV media because in most instances the only orders being accounted for by...
- Late news. // Advertising Age;8/6/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 32, p1
The article presents news concerning advertising as of August 6, 2001. Between 60-70 per cent of advertising inventory have been sold for top-tier cable and syndication television programming during 2001. Nissan North America Inc. is launching the 2002 Nissan Xterra sport utility vehicle with...
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;12/1/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p3
Evaluates the market performance of the media industry in the U.S. as of December 1, 2003. Steadiness of calendar negotiations in network cables; Shift in the bulk buying activity of spot television to 2004; Factors which contributed to the women's and men's health and fitness titles in...
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;5/12/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p5
Presents an update on the mass media market as of May 2003. Information on second quarter activity for net cable television; State of spot television market; Products which spend consistently in women's service and lifestyle titles.
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;7/25/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p3
Presents updates on the market status of different mass media in the U.S. as of July 2005. National television; Cable television; Spot television; Radio; Magazines.
- Long-Form Media Billings Stumble Yet Again. HAIRE, THOMAS // Response;Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the decline of spending in cable and satellite advertising in the U.S. It highlights the result of the journal's long-form media billings research for the third quarter of 2013, which reveals the 5.2 percent decrease in spending from the same period in 2012. It also...
- HD Confusion. // CableFAX Daily;12/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 237, p2
The article reports that ESPN has a taggable spot in SD that attracts viewers with great pictures from ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD. There is a need to subscribe to a high-definition (HD) service to receive an HD picture from HD cable programmers.