New coalition launches campaign to fund Connecticut Bicycle arena
- Bike parks of the USA. // BMX Plus;Oct96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p38
Offers bike parks or velodromes for cyclers in the United States. Reasons for the lack of bike parks; List of bike parks in the US; Photos and captions of bike parks.
- The records add up. // Bicycling;Feb97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p27
Presents information regarding the portable velodrome used in the Atlanta Olympics. Number of records shattered in games played in the track; Its designer and engineer; Purchaser of the velodrome.
- Olympic Velodrome and Swimming Hall. // Architectural Record;Apr1998, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p40
Describes the Olympic Velodrome and Swimming Hall in Berlin, Germany, which was designed by Dominique Perrault.
- Group breathes new life into velodrome. Schoettle // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p6
Reports that the Major Taylor Alliance has taken over the management of Indianapolis, Indiana's Major Taylor Velodrome. Indiana Bicycling Coalition's refusal to renew its contract with the city; Advantages of a private manager; Strategies to increase activity at the BMX facility.
- OFF THE BEATEN TRACK. // Bicycling;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p64
The article reports on the discovery of the Dorais Park Velodrome, an ovular bicycle-racing track with banked comers, in Detroit, Michigan.
- Psst. wanna buy a velodrome? Drake, Geoff // Bicycling;Jan1997, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p28
Reports that the Olympic velodrome in Georgia is on sale. Owner's reason for removing the velodrome; Additional incentives to be given by the Mike Walden Memorial Fund for the next owner.
- California ISO awards supply contract to ABB. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p12
Reports on California's Independent System Operator (ISO) Restructuring Trust's awarding of a supply contract to the ISO Alliance comprised of ABB Power T&D Co., Ernst & Young LLP and Perot Systems Corp. Start of supply scheduling and business systems services; Provision of user interfaces and...
- Exploring the Natchez Trace Parkway. Copp, Darlene P. // TravelAmerica;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p54
Provides information on Natchez Trace Parkhighway. Brief historical background of Natchez Trace; Purpose of the Natchez Trace Marketing Alliance; Examples of handicrafts at the Mississippi Crafts Center.
- Always building on a plan. // Finance Week;11/25/2002, LEADERSHIP ALLIANCE. p2
Focuses on the celebration of the 10th anniversary of Leadership Alliance. Schedule of the celebration; Business plans advocated by the company; Programs developed by the company.