MSRB, muni groups set framework to improve health care disclosures
- Disclosure: Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't. Bittoun, Renee // Journal of Smoking Cessation;Apr2008, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
The author addresses the disclosure of funding for smoking cessation programs. She describes the era of full disclosure of funding within the field of medicine. She considers the manipulation of public trust. She emphasizes the need for disclosure information and funds to be transparent and...
- NFMA draft suggests 'best practices' for disclosure in most troubled areas. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30646, p6
Highlights the best practices recommended by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) for issuers and borrowers to use to improve disclosure for housing, health care, and land-secured financings in the United States. Draft position papers issued by NFMA; Development of the papers by...
- Cases establish guidelines for disclosure. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p25
Provides guidelines for disclosure of corporate information. Merger or acquisition negotiations; Responding to rumors; Correction of previous statement; Communicating material information.
- Improving the disclosure regime. Ormerod, David // International Journal of Evidence & Proof;Jun2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p102
Examines the deficiencies of the existing disclosure regime in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Disclosure regime in relation to cases involving covert surveillance; Merits of claims for wider disclosure; Reform proposals on disclosure.
- Opposing party's privileged or confidential documents. Pope, Daniel J.; Kim, Stephanie J. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p617
Discusses the ethical aspects of unauthorized disclosure of privileged or confidential documents. Ethical obligations of lawyers; Admissibility of privileged documents; Sanctions meted out to parties concern; Proper deportment of receiving or opposing parties in face of privileged or...
- Competitive disadvantage and discretionary disclosure in industries. Clinch, Greg; Verrecchia, Robert E. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec97, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p125
Examines the effect of competitive disadvantage on discretionary disclosure of information in industries. Link between industry characteristics and disclosure practices; Existence of a disclosure equilibrium.
- Disclosure vs. confidentiality when disaster strikes. McCurdy, David B.; Brown, Finley B.; al, et // Making the Rounds in Health, Faith & Ethics;4/22/96, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the disclosure of information during disasters and accidents. Violation of hospital protocols; Releasing of information as an act of compassionate care; First Amendment implications; Protection of the privacy of grief-stricken relatives; Recognition of reasonableness.
- Get someone to reveal a secret. Seidman, Ellen R. // Redbook;Feb94, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p46
Features on ways of making people talk when they're not willing to reveal information. Ploy used by reporters and therapists; Psychologist Marion Rudin Frank's remarks on people feeling compelled to fill up silence; Making a move in a casual setting to let down somebody's guard; Way that...
- Disclosure is old hats for Canadians. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/14/95, Vol. 99 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the revision of the disclosure form in Ontario, Canada. Comments made by Charles Black, vice president of operations for the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association, on the implementation of the disclosure form; Reason for omitting the policy information concerning the...