Schaefer sworn in as comptroller
- Maryland governor endorses Schaefer. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p4
Focuses on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's endorsement of William Donald Schaefer for the position of state comptroller. Acceptance of withdrawal of nominee Michael Barnes for the interim position; Reason behind Barnes' withdrawal from the race; Appointment of Robert Swann to finish the...
- New perks for living near work. Zises, Heather // Governing;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p76
Presents information on Maryland officials trying to entice citizens to buy a home close to their work place. Information on Governor Parris N. Glendening, who came up with the idea; Indepth look at the General Assembly and the appropriated $300,000 in state matching funds; Details on the...
- County passes pension change. // Pensions & Investments;12/23/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p30
Reports that Anne Arundel County Council in Maryland passed a law that would cut benefits for new employees, and create a board of trustees for the $550 million Anne Arundel County Retirement System. When the law will take effect; How pension is allocated to county employees.
- Amnesty Pays Off. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p53
Reports on the total back taxes and tax interest gained from the tax amnesty program by State Comptroller William D. Schaefer in Maryland. Duration of the program; Qualified taxpayers for tax amnesty.
- Maryland governor bans state-job bias. // Advocate;8/10/93, Issue 635, p26
Reports on Maryland governor William Donald Schaefer's issuance of an executive order prohibiting antigay discrimination in state employment. Impact of Schaefer's action on gay and lesbian political organizers.
- Musical chairs in Maryland. Angelo, B. // Time;8/26/1991, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p21
Describes Maryland Governor William Donald Schaefer's plan for his 31 cabinet members to exchange jobs every morning for a month which, he believes, brings in fresh eyes and can inject new ideas into stale bureaucracy. Reaction to the plan while Schaefer was mayor of Baltimore; His intolerance...
- Letters to the Editor. Wu, Kenneth // Officer Review Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p29
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the author's experiences with former Baltimore, Maryland mayor and Maryland governor William Donald Schaefer, who died on April 18, 2011.
- SHORT TAKES: Baltimore. // Advocate;12/25/80, Issue 308, p12
Reports on the success of the meeting of the gay community with mayor William Donald Schaefer in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Aviation Head. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p35
Reports the appointment of Paul J. Wiedefeld to the executive director position of the Maryland Aviation Administration and appointed by Governor Parris N. Gledening.