Tax-exempt division will be in D.C. area
- Free Online Tax Prep Finalized. // Practical Accountant;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's release of the final agreement with Free File Alliance, a nonprofit corporation. Decision to require Alliance companies to offer free online tax preparation and filing services to taxpayers.
- GOVERNMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/15/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the launch of a multi-year plan to regulate the tax return preparation industry by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in November 2010.
- Renewing the Argument for a Taxpayer Representative's Bill of Rights (TRBoR). Stevenson, William // National Public Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p14
Discusses the concept of the Taxpayer Representative's Bill of Rights in the United States (US). Inadequacy of the definition of the relationship between tax preparers and agents of the US Internal Revenue Service; Inclusion of the Taxpayer's Representative in the procedure prescribing that IRS...
- Preparer ID number regs. // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p18
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service has allowed income tax preparers to issue alternatives to Social Security numbers for identification purposes. Release of Form W-1998.
- 1040 Processing Problem Checkbox. // Practical Accountant;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p18
Reports that paid preparers with their clients' permission, will be allowed to work directly with the United States Internal Revenue Services (IRS) to resolve tax return processing issues beginning with the 2001 filing season. Efforts of the IRS to eliminate the need for the Power of Attorney...
- IRS begins enforcement of new return preparer rules. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/2/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on the actions taken by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding the rules for tax preparers, where IRS aim to stop them with criminal tax convictions or permanent injunctions from preparing tax returns to improve the quality and oversight of the tax preparation...
- IRS: New rules on earned-income credit prep on horizon, new exam coming for tax preparers. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the move of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to launch its tax-preparer competency test to improve the tax-preparation industry in the U.S.
- Private sector and IRS joint efforts increasing. // Practical Accountant;Apr99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the partnership between private tax return preparation and accounting firms and the Internal Revenue Service towards the development and use of electronic income tax filing services in the United States. Service utilization trend; Online resources about the service.
- IRSAC Advises on Key IRS Challenges. Dolan, Michael P. // Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure;Dec2012-Jan2013, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p7
The article discusses the key issues of the 2012 Internal Revenue Service Advisory Committee (ISRAC) report. The report provides insight into some of the challenges facing the IRS including identity theft, the benefits of extending Circular 230 coverage to paid tax preparers and offers...