Slicing Up a Spinoff
- MTV spinoff eyes wider Latino aud. De La Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;6/1/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 41, p6
The article announces that MTV Tr3s, a bilingual, bi-cultural music channel of Viacom Inc., which have expands its programming to cover both young and old Latino English-Spanish speakers in the U.S., will commence on July 12, 2010.
- Spin-offs We'd Like to See. Beard, Lanford // Entertainment Weekly;3/2/2012, Issue 1196, p63
The article discusses favorite television programs of the "Entertainment Weekly" staff and offers hypothetical ideas for spin-offs based on those programs.
- BIG MAKEOVER FOR SMALLSCREEN. Schneider, Michael // Variety;12/21/2009, Vol. 417 Issue 6, p15
The article examines television broadcasting in the 2000s, focusing on trends of particular financial importance. Among the developments discussed are the increasing audience for cable television programs at the expense of traditional broadcast networks, the increase in spinoff programs from...
- MY FAVORITE TV SPINOFFS. ZUCKERMAN, BLAINE // People;1/16/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p41
The article presents a list from actor Geoff Stults of his favorite television spinoff programs, including the creation of "Private Practice" from "Grey's Anatomy," the development of "Frasier" from "Cheers," and "The Colbert Report," spun off from "The Daily Show."
- Gossip Girl, Interrupted. // Los Angeles Magazine;May2009, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on a spin-off of the television program "Gossip Girl" to be aired on May 11, 2010.
- SPINNING THE WHEEL: WHAT MAKES TV SERIES-SPIN-OFFS SUCCESSFUL? Kilian, Thomas; Schwarz, Tessa // Journal of Media Business Studies (Journal of Media Business Stu;Summer2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p39
TV networks are in constant need of new programs. This study analyses series spin-offs that builds on successful formats, whereby, the networks aim to reduce the innovation risk by providing series that are more or less familiar to viewers. This explorative study adopts a qualitative approach...
- ...as scripted side's stuck on remakes. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;1/26/2009, Vol. 413 Issue 10, p20
This article reports that U.S. television networks are focusing on creating remakes and spinoffs of old television programs and films. It is suggested that such television programs are easier to market because an audience for them already exists. The success of the television program "90210," a...
- VH1 Reportedly Names Exec; BET Moves Shows To New York. Hay, Carla // Billboard;07/08/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 28, p78
Presents news briefs for the music video industry as of July 8, 2000. Appointment of Paul Marszalek to the position of vice-president of music programming for VH1; Decision of Black Entertainment Television (BET) to move its music television operations to New York City; Profile of Washington,...
- VERSION 2.0 FOR 'FIVE-0' Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;10/9/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the project for the development of a spin-off of vintage cop drama television series "Hawaii Five-O" for CBS television network. It says that television producer Peter Lenkov will serve as showrunner if the project will be pick up to series and will write the script under...