Florida Rate Dispute Heads to Court
- Members Had 'Actual Knowledge' of Duty to Pay Assessments. // Community Association Management Insider;Jul2012 Special Issue, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p5
The article presents judgment on a lawsuit filed by members of the Westwood Hills Improvement Association for requiring them to pay semiannual fees in Massachusetts. They sued their homeowners association because they believed that their deed did not require members to pay for the said fees....
- County's failed lawsuit may be costly. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p5
Reports on Lawrence County, Tennessee's loss of a lawsuit in which it sought payment from residents who refused to pay solid waste fee. Costs of the failed lawsuit on the county; Defendants' arguments against the billing.
- Veolia Files Lawsuit Alleging Harassment by Evanston City Officials. // Solid Waste Report;2/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article looks at a lawsuit filed in January 2012 by Veolia Solid Waste Midwest against Evanston, Illinois, alleging a four-year pattern of harassment by the city through exclusive and illegal "road-impact" fees, unfair inspections and attempts to force its waste transfer station out of the...
- Lawsuit sets sights on Miglins. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
The article reports that a New Jersey homemaker is suing Chicago cosmetics maven Marilyn Miglin and her son, Duke, alleging the two are preventing her from collecting nearly $ 400,000 he owes in legal fees. The lawsuit, filed last week in federal court in Chicago, is the latest twist in a...
- Property Owners Seek To Block Acceptance Of Subdivision Papers. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p1
The article reports that a group of property owners have sued the Canyon Springs Resort Property Owner's Association in the U.S.
- POA Gets New Lawsuit In Ongoing Saga. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/21/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on lawsuits filed against Scenic Heights Property Owners' Association.
- You be the Judge. Donaldson, William // Saturday Evening Post;10/27/1956, Vol. 229 Issue 17, p96
Presents a legal case filed in 1946 over the illegal construction of a doghouse by a homeowner in Kismet Acres, New York. Arguments presented by both the defendants and prosecutors in the case.
- Legal-Fees Bill Passed by House, Goes to Conference. // Education Week;11/20/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on the bills passed by the U.S. House of Congress and Senate that would allow the awarding of legal fees in special-education lawsuits in the U.S. It was said that the bills are designed to nullify the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in the case of Smith versus Robinson. The...
- No Attorney Fees for Out of Control Settlement. // Labor Law Journal;Dec86, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p848
The article focuses on the case of North Carolina Department of Transportation v. Crest Community Council decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. It was ruled by the court in this case that parties who made a civil rights claim through administrative channels and settled their dispute without going...