Charter Sees Basic Dips But Data Rolls Rise
- Brazil feevee on upswing. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;10/6/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the financial performance of pay television ABTA in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Financial recovery; Details on the gross revenue generated; Increment of cable modem service users.
- TIVO POSTS GAIN. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/3/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of digital video recorder pioneer TiVo Inc. in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2007. The company posted a profit of $835,000 on revenue of $54 million, while reporting a loss of $10.7 million on revenue of $46.9 million during the same period in...
- Canucks' specialty, pay TV rake in bucks. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;6/20/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 14, p6
Reports an increase in the revenue of specialty and pay television operators in Canada. Decline of the revenue of private commercial TV and broadcasters; Factors contributing to the profitability of pay television; Impact of direct-to-home satellite services and digital cable on the financial...
- US television under the gun as old models falter. // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/25/2015, p27
The article reports on the declining pay television (TV) subscriptions recorded by TV programming companies in the U.S. in 2015.
- Premiere Posts Solid Results. // Satellite Today;2/15/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of German pay-TV operator Premiere as of February 2006. The operator posted a revenue increase driven by a strong fourth-quarter performance.
- No Slump for DirecTV. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p3
Deals with the increase in the number of DirecTV Group Inc. customers in the second quarter of 2004. Subscribers added during the quarter; Improvement in the revenue of the company; Factor that contributed to the performance of the company.
- DirecTV Sub Gains Marred by Defections. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p35
Presents information on the financial performance of DirecTV Group Inc. in the third quarter of 2004. Increase in television subscibers; Growth in involuntary churns; Control of subscriber-acquisition costs.
- Churn, Baby, Churn. // CableFAX Daily;11/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 215, p1
The article provides information on the financial performance of DirecTV as of November 2005. There has been a decrease in its shares. Total number of customers who subscribed during the third quarter is 1.1 million. Average profit per subscriber has increased to $68.85.
- EchoStar on rise as subs paying more. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p4
Presents the financial result of EchoStar Communications Corp. during the second quarter of 2005 in the U.S. Increase in the profits of the company as customers paid higher prices for satellite television; Detection of a slower subscriber growth of the company; Net profit of the company during...