News Channels Score Gains in Oct. Primetime TV Contest
- Graden's Old/New Strategy for VH1. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p13
Reports on strategies adopted by music channel VH1 to increase its television rating. Juxtaposition of 1980s retrospective music with the 21st century popular music by the channel; Launch of a reality show to search for young talents; Possible success of the channel.
- Can Friends Beat a Month of Reality? Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;2/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p18
Reports on strategies adopted by various cable television networks in the U.S. to increase their viewership ratings. Contribution of comedy show 'Friends' in the increase in ratings of National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Description of reality shows to be aired by Fox Broadcasting Co.
- Small Market, Long Reach. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;2/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the performance of various Georgia-based cable television networks as of February 3, 2003. Details of viewers rating for the television channel WALB-TV; Revenue generated by the television broadcast market in the year 2002.
- TNT Has a Hot January. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p24
Reports on ratings of cable television network Turner Network Television (TNT) as of February 3, 2003. Contribution of television program 'Monte Walsh' in the increase in rating of the network; Statistics on number of viewers for TNT; Position acquired by other television networks.
- Top cablers, b'casters kick sand on erosion. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p18
Discusses the audience ratings of cable television and broadcasting networks. Details on cable networks; Suggestion on mass-circulation cable networks; Economics of the broadcast business.
- History, Discovery build Buzz among Netizens. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;2/6/2012, Vol. 425 Issue 12, p2
The article considers the so-called Buzz scores of U.S. cable television networks, a rating of those networks conducted by the marketing research firm YouGov, noting the high rankings of the History and Discovery Channel networks.
- Discovery, Health Lead Beta Survey. // Multichannel News;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p6
Reports the rank of Discovery Channel among major networks with millions of subscribers according to the Beta Non-Subscriber Study in the U.S. List of networks with several subscribers; Percentage of respondents interested in digital cable; Reinforcement of the strength and power of the...
- Lifetime Monthly Streak Hits Five. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/3/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p8
Discusses the positions held by different television channels in primetime ratings. Revelation that Lifetime Television held first position; Channels that stood second in ratings; Percentage increase in ratings of Nickelodeon; Performance of USA Network; Information on primetime ratings for...
- NFL Coverage Delivers Key Demos for ESPN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p32
Reports on the television primetime ratings of several cable television networks in the U.S. from September 16 to 22. Household ratings of Lifetime Television; List of the top ten stations based on a total-day basis; Rating of the ESPN television show 'Sunday Night Football' among the 18 to 34...