Satellite Ops Make Asian Push
- Battle in the skies. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;03/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on changes made in programming EchoStar Communications and DirecTV company. Indepth look at changes made at EchoStar; National Football League and National Basketball Association programming offered by DirectTV; Cost of cable programs at EchoStar.
- U.S. satellite homes top 10M. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/99, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the number of digital satellite receiver homes in the United States at the end of the third quarter of 1999. Reports from DirecTV and EchoStar Communications Corp.
- Ahead of the Pack. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p32B
Focuses on the pace set by direct broadcasting services (DBS) companies in the competitive markets of the U.S. Cable Industry to win subscribers for Latino pay tiers. Growth of the Hispanic satellite subscriptions in the U.S.; Approach to the Hispanic marketplace changed by DBS company DirecTV...
- Judge Deals Setback to DBS Merger. Hearn, Ted; Enrich, David // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p42
Reports that federal judge rejected the November 18, 2002 trial date of the antitrust case against the merger of direct broadcast satellite providers EchoStar Communications Corp. and Hughes Electronics Corp., parent of DirecTV Inc. in the week preceding November 11, 2002. Reason for rejection...
- Cable's Hole Card: Internal Returns. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p23
Reports that direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) giants EchoStar Communications Inc. and DirecTV Inc. are continuing to steal television broadcasting market share from cable operators despite a failure of merger between the two companies. Number of subscribers for DBS; Subscriber values for DBS...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p10
Reports developments on cable services industry in the United States as of June 2001. Move of Echostar Communications Corp. Chairman Charlie Ergen in bidding for DirectTV Inc.; Highlights of the CAB Local Cable Sales Conference in Salt lake City; Details of the meeting between Ecore Media Group...
- Combine Platforms, Add Dose of Bromo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p70
Reports the venture between Echostar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Possible effects of the integration; Formation of integration teams of the companies; Claims of EchoStar communications manager Marc Lumpkin on the integration.
- DBS to Keep $5.99 Local-TV Prices. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p7
Reports the plan of EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to hold steady rates of local television stations in the United States. Mandate of the federal government on additional broadcasters; Impact of the changing rate on the subscribers; Right in providing local television signals.
- Nets: Schwinner's Tough But Reasonable. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6
Reports the effect of the merger between EchoStar Communication Corp. with DirecTV Inc. on Dish Network in the U.S. Responsibility of programming executive Michael Schwimmer; Increase in the number of subscribers of the Dish Network company; Reduction on the subscription cost of EchoStar.