Judge OKs Retrial Of Mike Rigas
- RIGAS WATCH. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the continuation of the deliberations of the federal fraud trial of former Adelphia Communications Corp. executives by jurors. Number of counts of fraud and conspiracy filed against chairman John Rigas and sons Timothy Rigas and Michael Rigas and former assistant treasurer Michael...
- RIGASES TAKE OUTGOING APPROACH. Donohue, Steve; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p77
Looks at the trial facing Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and his sons Michael and Timothy in Manhattan, New York City. Approach of the Rigases with reporters at their trial; Number of the prosecution's potential witnesses; Revelation of Peter Fleming, lead attorney for John...
- REPRIEVE FOR RIGAS. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p5
Reports that a deadlocked jury could not decide whether to convict former Adelphia Communications Corp. chief operating officer Michael Rigas on fraud charges in connection with the collapse of the company in the U.S. Conviction of founder John Rigas and son Timothy of concocting a plot to...
- Rigas Trio Could Face Tax Claims. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p42
Focuses on federal tax evasion charges against Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael in Pennsylvania. Indication on other charges against the Rigases; Information on the arrest of the Rigases; Investigation on the company transactions.
- Feds crack 'personal piggy bank' Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the arrest of Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael for allegations of fraud in Manhattan, New York City. Charges against the cable executives; Bail for the Rigases; List of specific allegations.
- Defense: Rigases Were 'Clueless' Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
Highlights the trial facing Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas, his sons Michael and Timothy and Michael Mulcahey, former assistant treasurer in the U.S. for alleged negligence on responsibilities to shareholders and for treating company funds as their own. Arguments advanced by...
- Adelphia: John, Timothy Rigas out; two grand juries probing. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p64
Reports on the resignation of John Rigas and Timothy Rigas as chairman and chief financial officer respectively of Adelphia Communications Corp. in New York. Implication of the issue on the company; Percentage of share owned by the Rigas family; Indictment of members of the Rigas family.
- Sins of the Father and a Son. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p12
Provides information on the fraud case of family patriarch John Rigas and his sons Tim and Michael that led to the bankruptcy and collapse of cable operator Adelphia. Charges filed against the father-and-sons team; Decision of the court against John and Tim; Reason behind the exclusion of...
- 15 years for elder Rigas. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p1
Reports that John Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp., was sentenced to a 15-year prison term for corporate fraud in the U.S. Claim of Rigas that he was only trying to make life better for his family and their company; Prison sentence imposed on his son, Timothy Rigas, for his role...