Fox Scores NBA Regional Wins
- FSN Scores Pair of Wins. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p12
Reports on cable rights secured by Fox Sports Net with the Utah Jazz basketball team and Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team. Terms of the agreement; Importance of contract rights to the network; Opportunities provided by the network to professional sports teams.
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- CIAA AND ESPN TOURNAMENT COVERAGE. // Jet;11/29/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 22, p51
Reports on the celebration of a new agreement between television sports network ESPN and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), the oldest historically Black college and university athletic conference. How ESPN will cover the league's tournament; Terms of the three-year deal.
- Fox Midwest Drops Were Short Lived. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the temporary pull-out of Fox Sports Midwest from cable systems in the U.S. Dispute over rate increase; Failure to reach contractual terms; Details of the conflict.
- Fox sports adds news shows. Umstead // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Fox Sports Net regional networks will produce and distribute local sport-news shows. Schedule of the shows; Use of local hosts; Production of the shows; Importance of local shows in differentiating Fox from other channels.
- Fox Sports Net Shifts Local-News Telecasts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on a revised scheduling format to be implemented by Fox Sports Net in April 2001. Goal of accentuating affiliates' regional appeal; How the show 'Regional Sports Report' incorporates the regional sports network's name and the phrase 'Sports Report'; Strategy of improving the consumer's...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;04/09/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p9
Reports on developments in television coverage of sports in the United States as of April 9, 2001 such as Fox Sports Net's schedule viewed as the best counter-programming possible.
- Fox Sports opens a local office. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10A
Reports that cable television network Fox Sports Midwest has opened an office in Indianapolis, Indiana, to expand its advertising base. Contract with the basketball team, Indiana Pacers; Concentration on Market Square Arena.
- 2011 MEAC BASKETBALL ON TV:. // Jackson Advocate;12/29/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p14A
The article reports that the 2011 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) basketball will be televised highlighting four men's and two women's basketball season games.