People In The News
- People ... // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p8
Reports on career developments of executives of LaurelTech Integrated Publishing Solutions in the U.S. Collaboration of Michael Hodges with the company as the new president; Addition of Pamela Schoff as senior manager of the firm's production, art, and design department.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Designation of Mark Cummings as vice-president and publisher of reference of Scholastic Library Publishing Inc.; Appointment of Pamela Smith as vice president for sales at Ingram Library Services Inc.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Promotion of Suzanne Balaban as vice president and director of publicity at Schribner, a division of the Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group; Designation of Gene Brissie as editor in chief at...
- People In the News. // Book Publishing Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry as of May 24, 2004. Appointment of Brian Murray group president of HarperCollins Publishers Inc.; Selection of Ken Citrron as SVP and chief technology officer of Rodale Press Inc.; Resignation of Melissa Possick as...
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p5
Presents career developments of various personnel in book industries and trade in the U.S. Appointment of Hally Bayer as vice president, promotions at Scholastic Book Clubs; Promotion of Harriet Bell as vice president and publisher of HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s William Morrow Cookbooks...
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p6
Career developments involving employees in the book industry in the U.S. are discussed. Alison Callahan was named executive editor at HarperCollins Publishers effective December 1, 2006. Katie Workman, associate publisher at the family-owned Workman Publishing in New York, will be leaving the...
- The Persistence of Folly: 40 Years of Gnomon Press. An Interview with Jonathan Greene. Ballard, Sandra // Appalachian Journal;Summer2005, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p442
Interviews author Jonathan Greene about his career. He discusses the history of Gnomon Press and the ducation and professional background before he became a publisher. The factors that contributed to his interest in Appalachian authors is also discussed.
- 4 steps to land a book deal: When your agent doesn't sell your manuscript, you can take things into your own hands. Here's how. Jendrick, Nathan // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar2009, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p17
This article presents tips for authors who wish to get their work published. Four steps to securing a book deal include building one's personal brand by being accessible, taking a critical look at proposals and query letters that will be sent to agents, focusing on smaller publishers, and...
- Reagan's Death Prompts Publishing Surge. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;6/14/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 24, p20
Deals with the impact of the death of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan on publishers in the U.S. Information on the book "Ronald Reagan in Public: A Memoir of My Years in the White House," by Jim Kuhn; Books about Reagan which are being published by Random House; Price of the reprint of...