Garcia Marquez Book Gets International Launch Despite Piracy
- GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez Sets Spanish Record. Lopez, Adriana // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the sales performance of the book "Memoria de mis putas tristes," by Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez in the U.S. market. Number of copies sold worldwide during its first week of release; Actions taken by Knopf publishing house to deal with illegally imported foreign editions of the...
- Memoria de mis putas tristes. // Latin Trade (English);Mar2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p54
Reviews the book "Memoria de mis putas tristes," by Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez.
- GABRIEL GARCÃA MÃRQUEZ Y YASUNARI KAWABATA: EL BEL VIVIR Y EL BEL MORIR. A PROPÃ“SITO DE MEMORIA DE MIS PUTAS TRISTES. Flores, Francisca González // Revista de Critica Literaria Latinoamericana;2008, Vol. 34 Issue 67, p335
The article examines the novella "Memoria de mis putas tristes" by Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez. In particular, it compares the main character of the book with Eguchi, the protagonist of the novella "La casa de las Bellas Durmientes" (The House of the Sleeping Beauties) by Yasunari Kawabata. The...
- El triste viejo de GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez: sexo y soledad del narcisismo. Pancrazio, James J. // Cuadernos de Literatura;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p37
This essay presents a critical reading of the sexuality and self-concept of the narrator of Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez's Memoria de mis putas tristes. The purpose is to inquire into the mythology associated with masculinity and to demonstrate that the narrator no only condemns himself in his...
- Next Marquez is nonfiction--and in Spanish first. Pedersen, Martin // Publishers Weekly;6/10/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 24, p45
Observes the release of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's latest title `Notice of a Kidnapping' and shows how it is a first in two important ways. Nonfiction genre, with the book appearing in the author's native language, preceding the English translation by more than a year; The English-language...
- LATITUDES. Marquez, Gabriel Garcia // Americas;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p64
Presents an excerpt of the book 'Vivir para contarla,' by Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez.
- IN EVIL HOUR. Márquez, Gabriel García // Kenyon Review;Summer79, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p56
Presents an excerpt from the novel 'In Evil Hour,' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- Clandestine in Chile (Book). Leonard, Louise; Fletcher, Janet // Library Journal;6/15/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p63
Reviews the book 'Clandestine in Chile: The Adventures of Miguel Littin,' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- Francesca Lia Block. Williams, Wilda // Library Journal;8/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p72
Presents an interview with author Francesca Lia Block. Popularity of Block's "Weetzie Bat" and the series of five novels that followed; Publishing of Block's new book, "Necklace of Kisses"; Explanation of where Block's idea for "Weetzie Bat" came from; Details of "Necklace of Kisses," in which...