1.2 Million Copies Of The Polar Express Depart For Holidays
- Chris Van Allsburg, Creator; The Polar Express. Heller, Steven // Print;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p50
Interviews author Chris Van Allsburg in line with the film animation adaptation of his book, "The Polar Express." Views on the film adaptation of his other book "Jumanji"; Amount of involvement with the making of the adaptation; Inspiration behind the book.
- When Millions Aren't Enough. Mutter, John; Howell, Kevin // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p18
Explores the reasons for the shortage of published copies of best selling books in the U.S. Complaints by booksellers on the unavailability of some best selling titles in the market; Speculation that publishers had exercised too much caution in limiting print runs to avoid post-holiday returns;...
- All Aboard for Literacy. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p22
Reports on various literacy programs carried out in the U.S. for the book "The Polar Express," by Chris Van Allsburg in 2004. Details of the Polar Express Reading Challenge; Amount to be donated by Warner Bros. to the National Education Association as part of the campaign; Development of...
- Castle Rock, Hanks take `Polar' route. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;03/15/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 9, p1
Reports that Castle Rock has made a deal to produce an adaptation of Chris Van Allsburg's children's book 'The Polar Express.' Details of the short story and the role that actor Tom Hanks will take in the film; Comment of Van Allsburg about his resistance to turning the story into a movie;...
- 3 Questions, 3 Answers. Allen, Mel // Yankee;Nov2004, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p126
Interviews children's author and illustrator Chris Van Allsburg about his book "The Polar Express." Factors that influence Van Allsburg to allow motion picture producers acquire the film rights to the book; Information on the development of the concept of the book; Reason for staying in...
- ALL ABOARD! Heilbron, Alexandra // Kids Tribute;Fall2004, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Presents a summary of the book "The Polar Express," by Chris Van Allsburg.
- (Movie) Ticket to Ride. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p23
Interviews author Chris Van Allsburg about the movie adaptation of his book "The Polar Express." Reaction to the film upon seeing it; Comparison of the film adaptation of "The Polar Express" with "Jumanji"; Role of Allsburg in the movie's production; Views on books being adapted for film.
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.
- It's Always Christmas at the Van Allsburgs'. Hood, Ann // Yankee;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p56
The article focuses on the house of Chris Van Allsburg, author of "The Polar Express," in Providence, Rhode Island. It states that Van Allsburg likes the ambience created by the twinkly white lights around his dining room which he keeps year round, and likes to explore the theme of stopping...