Avon Trade Paperbacks Rolls Out Version Of Perennial "P.S/
- Avon Gives Itself an A. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;3/5/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 10, p11
This article reveals the plan of Avon Trade Paperbacks to change its name to Avon A in an effort to reinvigorate the brand. The revamped program will continue to publish the romance and chick lit titles it is known for, but is broadening to include quality nonfiction. Avon A will embrace a...
- Conservative Publishers Awaiting Election Outcome Before Shaping 2005 Lists. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p1
Reports that conservative publishers are anticipating the election outcome before setting out plans for their 2005 publication in the U.S. Decision of Random House division Crown Forum to halt the acquisition of new titles until after the election; Plan of the company to limit publication of one...
- Do Your Employees Still Buy In? Kinsman, Matt // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Aug2009, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the views of top 10 publishing executives about their priorities for the second half of 2009 year and beyond.
- Renewing for the Age that is Waiting Before Us. Yannakogeorgos, Panayotis A. // Journal of Global Change & Governance;Fall2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the strategic renewal of the structure, design, and operating principles of the "Journal of Global Change and Governance" by its editorial team.
- 2009 OUTLOOK. // Audience Development;Jan2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses topics related to key strategies for handling business for 2009 as presented by six audience developers in the article "2009 Outlook" published in the January/February 2009 issue of "Audience Development."
- Singer to Sigerist, London, 8 May 1923. // Medical History Supplement;2010/2011, Issue 30, p44
A letter is presented from Charles Singer, a British historian of science, technology, and medicine, to Henry E. Sigerist, a Swiss physician, regarding the business strategies adopted by the publishers and discusses several publications.
- RealWorld: MANAGEMENT. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2003 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p125
Offers pieces of advice related to management of the magazine business. Tips to boost profitability in the magazine industry; Cultivation of good relations between production and editorial departments; Principles in the creation of Internet initiatives.
- No Happy Endings for Russian Booksellers. Kozlov, Vladimir // Transitions Online;7/27/2009, p6
The article reports on the impact of the economic downturn on the book industry in Russia in 2009. It cites the negative effect of the economic condition on the industry during the first months of the year due to the decrease in employment and salary reduction. It indicates the strategies of...
- The Janus Strategy: Launching a Norwegian Ebook Service in an Internationalized Publishing Industry. Colbjørnsen, Terje // International Journal of the Book;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p61
April 4th 2011 the Norwegian ebook service Bokskya (lit. "The Book Cloud") was launched. The service was intended as a national industry-wide standard infrastructure for the distribution of ebooks to consumers. Initiated by the largest Norwegian publishers and a wide array of booksellers,...