INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- Morgan Stanley Gains Avowed M&A Rivals. // American Banker;8/8/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 151, p20
Reports on rivals of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. (MSDW) who are trying to capture some of the merger business that MSDW dominates. How Merrill Lynch & Co. and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. have dropped in rank; Why investment banks compete for leadership in merger advisory work; What...
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Wills, Arnold // Money Marketing;1/15/2004, p31
Presents an author's views on concerns of Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) on banking fraternity and financial services in Great Britain. Effort to keep a close eye on staff costs and overall expenditure; Subjection of clients to immense pressure and a limited range of products and advice;...
- Passive resistance. Shaw, Sam // Money Marketing;3/27/2008, p46
The article focuses on the survey revealing the dominance of initial commission in the adviser market in Great Britain. According to the study, 79% of adviser turnovers originate from the initial commission, with 16% from the renewal of customer's pay. Moreover, Alan Easter, head of strategy and...
- Critical acclaim. Spicer, Stephanie // Money Marketing;6/24/2004 Supplement, p19
Reports on trends in the British insurance sector. Growth in the critical-illness insurance market; Challenges and opportunities for independent financial advisers in the sector; Product innovations in the private medical insurance market.
- It's Time To Turn The Potential Of The Womens' Market Into Real Sales. Carbee, Patricia L. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/13/2002, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p12
Examines the factors influencing the insurance market for women. Development of marketing programs for women by the financial services industry; Role of financial advisors; Marketing and sales recommendations for the finance industry. INSET: Advisors Should Also Consider.
- Five Strategies To Guarantee Investment And Insurance Success. Bowen Jr., John J. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/30/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 26, p14
Discusses the strategies that enable investment advisers and insurance agents to capitalize on changing business environment and fully leverage the valuable help available from institutions in the financial services industry. Focus on affluent private clients; Use of the investment consulting...
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Warwick, Len // Money Marketing;6/27/2002, p29
Presents opinion on the British financial services industry. Issues on the industry; Common goal of financial regulators and practitioners; View on life insurance; Role of a financial adviser.
- OUTSIDE EDGE. Laws, Graeme // Money Marketing;7/18/2002, p34
Discusses several issues facing the financial services industry in Great Britain as of July 2002. Issue on insurance sales person inflation; Views on the impact of defined-payment agreement on independent financial advisers.
- BROKER 'Talkback'. // Money Marketing;2/6/2003, p32
Presents readers' view on whether the decision of Financial Services Authority to give Falcon group a waiver for professional indemnity (PI) cover will set a precedent for more firms to ask for PI cover. Importance of PI for the people to have adequate cover; Need for the industry to be...