- Aftermarket Volatility and Underpricing of Canadian Initial Public Offerings. Jog, Vijay; Liping Wang // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p231
Investigates the aftermarket volatility and underpricing of the Initial Public Offerings (IPO) listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Ontario during the period 1990-1999. Comparison on the volatility of IPO and comparable seasoned stocks; Relationship between IPO initial return and aftermarket...
- Offerings Market Heats Up. Neville, Laurence // Global Finance;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the equity capital markets and the initial public offerings (IPO) of corporations in Europe. Analysis on deals made by some companies in the region; Dependency of the outlook for IPO on the secondary market; Views of industry experts regarding the matter. INSET: SCANDINAVIAN SUCCESS.
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 29, p19
Reports on aftermarket performance in the United States as of July 19, 2004. 2004 initial public offering performance; Performance of stock offerings.
- NYSE rebels gain ground in IPO push. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;1/31/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
This article reports that an initial public offering for the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) aims to boost stock exchanges' seat prices. A pair of investors is snapping up seats and is using its newfound leverage to prod the NYSE to do something it has never done in its 213-year history-sell its...
- The Decision to Go Public from an Emerging Market: The Ghanaian Case. Esumanba, Sampson Vivian; Sare, Yakubu Awudu // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;
This paper examines the decision to go public on the Ghana Stock Exchange using data on both private and public firms. Analysis of the determinants of going public decision reveals that firms size, cost of debt, leverage and investment opportunities are the likely determinants of initial public...
- Big Chinese IPOs Keep Coming Despite Downturn In Stock Market, Putting Shanghai Exchange In Lead. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Apr2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p73
The article focuses on the good performance of the Shanghai Stock Exchange despite a downturn in the composite index in China. Strong liquidity and confidence are enabling Chinese companies to exceed the domestic and overseas markets. The number of initial public offerings is also expected to...
- Rupe mulls Italia IPO. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;3/8/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 49, p10
The article reports that Rupert Murdoch is looking an initial public offering (IPO) on Sky Italia of News Corp. in Milan. A complete preliminary evaluation of Sky Italia has completed by Morgan Stanley for Murdoch. This will served as the first move towards the flotation of the stock exchange in...
- Software Funding Hits A Near-Record Level. PETE BARLAS // Investors Business Daily;7/21/2014, pA05
Software companies raised a near-record amount of cash in the first half of the year, with some analysts suggesting it indicates the hot IPO market will keep sizzling.
- Lier Chemical to List on Stock Market. // China Chemical Reporter;5/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p11
The article reports that Lier Chemical Co. Ltd. will list in Shenzhen Stock Exchange upon completion of the initial public offering of 34 million shares. The company is an agrochemicals producer in Guangdong Sheng, China. Its fund raised will be used in five projects including chlorpyrifos,...