Aggressive Terms For Junk Deals
- High-Yield Market Closes For Repricing. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p63
The article reports that the high-yield bond market in the U.S. have shut down due to subprime mortgage losses that leads to a repricing of corporate credit risk and an end to cheap borrowing. Accordingly, the U.S. government bond yields has declined as investors fled a falling stock market for...
- Can Equities Budge High Yield? Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p2
Focuses on the performance of the U.S. high yield bond market as of May 2004. Trends in the Deutsche Bank U.S. high yield index; Correlation between the high yield and stock markets.
- European HY defies U.S. downward trend. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on high yield market performance as of March 2000 in Europe and the United States (US). Increase in the European issuance; Drop in the level of issuance coming to the US market; Lack of diversification across sectors in the European market; Reasons for the decline in new issues in the US.
- European Fumbles Harder to Recover. C.J.C. // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on the European stock market which struggles to recover from defaulted high yield debt. Comparison of high yield debt between Europe and the United States; Influence of transaction structure and insolvency laws on high yield debt; Decline of aversion to subsidiary by high yield...
- Junk issuance plunges; four offerings cancelled. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;8/10/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 151, p32
Presents information on the impact of stock market performance on the junk bond market in the United States. Reference to a decline in high-yield bond issuance; Comments by Steven C. Rattner, managing director in charge of high-yield capital markets at Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette...
- Pipeline Produces Quality Deals. Burns, Mairin // High Yield Report;4/2/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p2
Reports developments in the high yield stock market as of April 2001. Pricing of the senior notes offering of Amerigas Partners; Deal between Antenna TV SA and J.P. Morgan Chase; Appointment of a Schroder Salomon Smith Barney analyst.
- Equities Outshine Fixed Income. C.B. // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p6
Reports the dominance of equity issuance in the high yield market of the United States. Attraction of equity investors toward high technology; Percentage of junk bond issues in high technology industries; Relevance of prudent management to maintain equilibrium balance sheets; Role of equity...
- Junk Pros Balk At FSA's Proposals To Stem Research Conflicts. S.H. // Bank Loan Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p9
Asserts that the British Financial Services Authority is overdoing efforts to stem conflicts of interest between research and securities trading. Characteristics of investors in the high yield market; Probability of being misled by sell-side analysts; Difference between debt and equity markets.
- What's New in Cash. // Kiplinger's Investing for Income;Feb2016, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on topics related to cash yields and rates. Topics include the amount of U.S. Treasury securities purchased by Russia and the importance of purchasing securities when commodity and stock markets decline, the negative outlook for junk bonds and positive return of...