Bush Reelection won't Reverse One M&A Gauge
- Spokesmen. Lizza, Ryan // New Republic;01/29/2001, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p18
Presents the views of U.S. President-elect George W. Bush regarding the layout and the role of his administration. Comparison of the role of the president to that of a corporate chief executive officer; Importance given by the chief executive to the role of the cabinet; How the president plans...
- The world's gone mad and some blame the Hamptons. Miller, Jeff // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/26/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 63, p14A
The author reflects on troubling new stories related to economic and political issues since 2000 to 2008 in the U.S. He mentions the reelection of U.S. President George W. Bush, the discovery of Saddam Hussein in a spider hole and the acquisition of YouTube by Google Inc. for $1.65 billion. He...
- Getting Away with Torture. Roth, Kenneth // Global Governance;Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p389
The Bush administration's use of torture and inhumane treatment has undermined one of the most basic global standards governing how governments can treat people under their control. Contrary to the efforts of the administration to pass this abuse off as the spontaneous misconduct of a few...
- HOME TO THE HARD LAND. // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 196, p10
Discusses the outlook for United States politics, in light of the return of President George W. Bush from vacation.
- The silence of the Democratic lambs. Shields, Mark // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p22
Comments on the political condition in the U.S. Style of President George W. Bush in leading the nation; Injustices of the Bush administration policies; Role of the political parties.
- Remarks During a Visit to a White House Staff Member at Inova Fairfax Hospital and an Exchange With Reporters in Fairfax, Virginia. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/9/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p1008
Presents comments made by United States President George W. Bush during a visit to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Transmitting a Report on the National Emergency With Respect to Libya. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/9/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p1012
Presents the text of a letter which accompanied a periodic report on the national emergency with respect to Libya, from United States President George W. Bush to congressional leaders.
- Advice for the new president. Snow, Tony // Caribbean Business;12/28/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p28
Presents advice for United States President George W. Bush. Ways in which Bush can appeal directly to the nation's optimism and idealism to make the case for limited government; Clarification of bipartisanship; Help needed from conservative Democrats; Defense of allies; Need to establish links...
- DEMOCRATS START TO COME HOME. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;5/4/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p1330
Reports that U.S. Democrats have returned to the political arena particularly in areas where their candidates must do well to regain strength in the U.S. Congress. Districts in which there are tight congressional races in the midterm elections; Approval rating of President George W. Bush for...