NAS elects new members
- APS news. // Physics Today;May77, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p107
Presents updates concerning the American Physical Society as of May 1977. Proposed abolition of fellowship as a class of membership of the Society; Appointment of Caroline Herzenberg as head of the Committee on the Status of Women in Physics; Stance of the Society on a resolution adopted by the...
- NAE ELECTS NEW MEMBERS. // Physics Today;Jun88, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p118
This article presents the list of new members of the National Academy of Engineering, whose work is in physics or related fields, elected in February 1988.
- Two-Fluid Snap Off. // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter2009, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p96
The article reports that National Academy of Sciences member Sidney Nagel has drawn attention to phenomena that scientists have regarded as outside the realm of physics, such as the science of drops, granular materials, and jamming. It is stated that a drop falling from a faucet is a common...
- In brief. // Physics Today;Oct83, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p99
Presents updates on physical societies and physicists in the U.S. as of October 1983. Recipients of the gravitation essay awards from the Gravity Research Foundation; Position held by American Association of Physics Teachers executive officer Timothy Ingoldsby at Wang Laboratories; Members...
- physics community. J. C.; G. B. L. // Physics Today;Sep83, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p65
Presents an update on the physics community in the U.S. as of September 1983. Completion of a study by a panel of the National Academy of Sciences concerning the technical problems of nuclear-waste repositories; Career background of John T. Jefferies, appointed director of the National Optical...
- NAS Elects New Members. // Physics Today;Jul2002, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p73
Provides information on the elected members of the National Academy of Sciences at its annual meeting in April 2002. Professional background of the new members; Number of active members; Number of foreign associates elected.
- NAS Elects New Members. // BioScience;Oct84, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p595
Presents a list of the newly elected members as of 1984 to the National Academy of Sciences.
- NAS physics survey picks up speed. I.G. // Physics Today;Nov83, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p50
Reports on the results of a survey by the National Academy of Sciences on the state of physics in the U.S. Issues on physics study; Members of the panel of its physics survey committee.
- Review urges US physicists to think globally. Goodwin, Irwin // Nature;6/7/2001, Vol. 411 Issue 6838, p623
Focuses on the `Physics in a New Era' report from the United States National Academy of Sciences which reviewed the entire field of physics. Recommendations of the report; Report's warning; Stance taken by the report regarding international collaboration in physics research.