Rethink on big store ban welcome in Ireland
- Rudy poised to open door to megastores. Grant, Peter // Crain's New York Business;5/2/94, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the plan of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani's administration to allow the opening of retail superstores in the city. Palliative measures for small retailers; Amendment of quality housing zoning; Removal of barriers to development; Retail store construction on land zoned for...
- The superstore is back in town. Jacoby, Charlie // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jun94, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p22
Investigates the implications of the British government's decision to curtail out-of-town superstore developments on the countryside ecology. Greenfield site development guidelines issued by Environment Secretary John Gummer; Reactions of developers; Other problems facing the countryside. ...
- Council warned over superstore levy plan. Sell, Susie // Planning (14672073);4/11/2014, Issue 1980, p9
The article reports on new differential Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) rate rules for retail developments proposed by Great Britain Forest District Council and on warning issued stating that the councils need to produce supporting evidence if they are to set higher charges for larger stores.
- Big-Box Ordinance Passes L.A. Council. Young, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/12/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the decision of the Los Angeles, California city council to pass the big-box ordinance that will require retailers to prove proposed superstores will not harm poorer communities before they are permitted for construction. Aim of the ordinance; Reaction of Wal-Mart to the ordinance;...
- CFMA installs 2001 board, honors four. // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p24
No abstract available.
- More case goods than usual introduced in Tupelo. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p18
Describes the furniture industry in Tupelo, Mississippi. Display of furnitures by wood companies previously introduced in San Francisco or High Point; Opportunities for retailers to offer feedbacks on products; Impact of the West Coast dock shutdown to the furniture industry.
- CAMPION A. PLATTS MOVEABLE FEAST. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p46
Features Campion A. Platt Architects, a furniture store in New York City. Product lines; Information on its owner; Inclusions in its Campaign Collection of furniture.
- A SILVER LINING FOR SAN FRANCISCO. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p50
Presents information on Eric Brand Furniture, a furniture store in Burlingame, California. Product lines; Information on its owner; Description of the craftmanship of its products.
- HUDSON VALLEY'S MIDCENTURY MAKEOVER. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p52
Presents information on 20th Century Gallery, a furniture store in Hudson, New York. Product lines; Information on its owner; Examples of its exclusive collections.