Dreams in deal for Bensons?
- A tale of two sites. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p5
Assesses the Web sites of bed manufacturers Dreams and Bensons Beds.
- Merger mania returns with a vengeance. ADAMS, LARRY // Wood & Wood Products;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p64
Presents information on the mergers and acquisitions in the cabinet industry of the United States. Major acquisitions in the industry; Factors which contributed to the increasing number of mergers and acquisitions in the industry.
- Bensons sale was inevitable. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p7
Reports on the plan of Homestyle to sell Bensons Beds in an effort to restore Harvey's in Great Britain. Homestyle finance director, Tim Kowalski's explanation on the decision of the company; Projected amount generated from the sale; Uses of proceeds from the sale.
- Brock says Bensons Beds sale is on track. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2004, Issue 5411, p6
The article reports that Bensons Beds parent company Homestyle is confident that it can sell the division in the spring. It has received interest from potential trade buyers, including its management and also from venture capital companies. David Brock, chairman said he was confident that the...
- Mike Clare interested in buying back 'his baby9. // Cabinet Maker;11/30/2012, Issue 5815, p8
The article reports on the plan of Mike Clare to purchase back Dreams PLC, the company that he founded in 1987.
- Homestyle makeover for dated Harveys. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;07/21/2000, Issue 5197, p1
Reports that Homestyle is planning to update the product offerings of Harveys Furnishing PLC under a takeover agreement between the British furniture companies. Value of the acquisition deal; Details regarding the proposed modernization of Homestyle products; Reciprocal advantages of the...
- Can Homestyle help Harveys pull a rabbit out of a hat? Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;07/21/2000, Issue 5197, p7
Comments regarding the proposed acquisition deal between British furniture companies Harveys Furnishing PLC and Homestyle. Optimism regarding the outcome of the planned merger between the companies; Similarities in the business strategies of the companies; Overview on the current position of...
- Dominant farces at work in the market. // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p28
The article provides updates on the market position of bed retailers in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain in 2005. According to analyst Allegra Strategies, the top ten bed retailers account 65% of sales, 17% occupied by independent retailers and smaller specialists, and 24% in...
- High-spending consumers boost profits at Headlam. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p4
Informs of floorings and fabrics distributor, Headlam's, acquisition of MCD. Benefits of Headlam on the acquisition; Statistics on its pre-tax profits ending June 1997; Percentage increase on its earnings and dividends per share.