Classic case of no compromise
- A case of classic or contemporary. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p5
Reports on the increasing trend in classic and contemporary furniture collections in Great Britain. Reason for the increasing interest on contemporary styles; Factors affecting a consumer's preference; Actions taken by furniture companies to cater the changing preference of consumers.
- May diary. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/7/2006, Issue 5482, p26
The article presents a calendar of events related to the furniture industry. The Copenhagen International Furniture Fair will be the center of the Copenhagen Architecture & Design Days festival on May 4-7, 2006. The fabric show Scoperta will be held from May 9-12, 2006 in Milan, Italy. Meble and...
- History repeated. Castoldi, Jennifer // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006 Supplement, p4
The article reports that reworking old themes with a contemporary twist is the dominant style in the furniture sector in Great Britain. Influences from the past has always been a constant source of inspiration for future products. But like many constants, or classics, for example rock 'n' roll...
- Looking for kicks. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006 Supplement, p18
The article reports that the fluid and novel shapes of chairs from the upmarket Dutch brand Leolux are beginning to make an impact on Great Britain's customers. According to Roger Mallins, the British agent for Dutch company Leolux, describes its designs as slightly off the wall and distinctive....
- Occasional producers offer something for everyone. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/28/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p102
The article features several furniture designs from various furniture companies. Revco International offers its Terra collection which includes cocktail, end and console tables made with recycled mango wood. Classic Flame offers an electric fireplace in rustic styling called the Potomac, which...
- PerLora debuts Met Home line. // Furniture/Today;2/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p29
The article reports on the move made by contemporary furniture specialist PerLora in launching a new 2,500-square-foot Metropolitan Home collection within its 12,000-square-foot flagship store in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Intricately, the Metropolitan Home collection includes bedroom, dining...
- sunday styles. // Furniture/Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p188
Features design chosen by the editors of "Home Accents Today." Preference of posh design for house furnishings; Selection of primitive simplicity in modern designs; Popularity of Asian styles.
- Style, function draw interest in occasional. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p20
The article reports on the market performance of the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Manufacturers offered new furniture styles and functional features such as tables which have functions ranging from drawers with storage dividers to side drawer file storage space. Factors affecting the...
- Style raising the bar. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p200
Presents the five top trends of furniture designs. Physical description of the Mod Chic; Components of the Architectural Archetype; Materials used for Geisha Grade design.