Analysts say M&S is a good share buy
- Daily fluctuations hit Marks & Spencer. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;03/16/2001, Issue 5229, p5
Reports on the performance of the stock of British retailer Marks & Spencer.
- It's spend, spend, spend. // In-Store Marketing;Feb2002, p41
Reports on the stability of the retail industry in Great Britain in the middle of recession. Market performance of toy and fashion stores; Information on the sales of Marks & Spencer; Record sales of John Lewis.
- Retail News: Briefs. // Marketing (00253650);9/22/2004, p16
This article reports on several developments related to the retailing industry. The London Retail Consortium has reported that like-for-like sales were up 4% during August compared with a year ago and up 3.3% from July. Sainsbury's Bank is to install touch-screen plasma TVs to provide product...
- Modern look slow to take off for M&S. // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p4
Reports on the sales performance of Marks & Spencer's Lifestyle store in Great Britain. Consumer reaction to products; Decline of homeware sales; Product repositioning; Operating profits.
- M&S sales 'disappointing.'. // Indian Textile Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p67
This article reports on the third quarter sales performance of retailer Marks & Spencer in 2004. In the 15-week period to January 10, 2004, its clothing sales fell by 3.3%. The decrease in clothing sales was driven by a weak performance in certain key women's wear areas. The company achieved...
- Christmas comes early. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);12/8/2004, p15
This article reports that over the years, the sales have crept forward in the calendar. First, it was Boxing Day, then retailers started to lower prices just before Christmas. Marks &Spencer PLC (M&S) held one-day sales on November 11 and December 2; Debenhams PLC held a two-day sale on 17-18...
- Bargain Hunting. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;1/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 19, p7
The article discusses reports in the "Wall Street Journal" which offer recommendations in regards to where people should invest. Types of investments which are discussed include foreign markets and blue-chip stocks. Several companies which the newspaper recommends people invest in are mentioned,...
- Sharewatch. // British Baker;8/24/2012, p10
A table is presented which lists the shares of several companies in Great Britain including Marks & Spencer PLC, Morrisons PLC and Premier Foods PLC.
- M&S SHARE PRICE. // Grocer;9/1/2012, p8
The article reports that retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) shares rose four percent to 370.50 pence after it was reported that U.S. private equity firm CVC Partners had considered a bid for the biggest store M&S ever built in August 2012.