Looking out of town
- House of Stapleton. LaChine, Coco // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/28/2005, Issue 905, p67
Reports on the closing sale of the House of Stapleton furniture store in San Diego, California.
- Store Openings. // Furniture/Today;8/29/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p45
Announces several openings of furniture stores in the U.S. Opening of Norwalk Home Fashion Centers at two Georgia stores; Installation of a Broyhill Showcase Gallery at the store of Simmons Furniture; Incorporation of a La-Z-Boy Gallery at the store owned by Gill Brothers.
- Lacquer Craft opens closeout store in N.C. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;3/12/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p6
The article reports that Lacquer Craft has opened a store in Greensboro, North Carolina. The store named Case & Cushion is dedicated to selling closeout and discontinued product from its Universal, Legacy Classic and Crafrmaster brands. The store is run by Lacquer Craft's sister company called...
- LOCAL MOTION. G.M. // Entrepreneur;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p90
Reports on the success that the gallery and home-furnishing shop Nahcotta in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, is having in selling furniture and accessories from New England-based companies. Advantages of offering local brands; Tips on locating small manufacturers.
- RETAIL. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the move of retail store Toggery to relocate its space at Broad Ripple Avenue in Indianapolis, Indiana. The stores's 1600-square-foot space at 6349 N. Guilford Avenue will be used by its neighboring restaurant Canal Bistro Mediterranean Grille for expansion. Lynn Burrows,...
- A right old knees-up. // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2014, Issue 5880, p4
The article reports on the decision of furniture retailer HJ Knee to move its Trowbridge, England-based store after 130 years to set up an outlet at Spitfire Retail Park.
- Approval for Aldous move. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p4
Reports that Norfolk, England-based furniture retailer, Aldous has overcome opposition from town councilors to relocate its business. Assurance by Aldous owner, Kevin Aldous that the area's furniture market will remain competitive in spite of the relocation.
- Canadian retailers still cautious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the trend among furniture retailers to establish operations in Canada. Caution expressed by the retailers regarding their prospects for 2005; Factors affecting the furniture retail trade; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Tabletop Serves Up Sales. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the move of savvy casual furniture retailers to capitalize on the U.S. citizens' love of living and entertaining outdoors by accessorizing their products. It states that nearly 54% of stores included in the 100 Powerhouse Retailers of "Casual Living" mentioned that they...