Good week for bed retailers as sales shine strongly
- Good news all round at John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;3/10/2006, Issue 5478, p3
The article reports on the 35 percent increase in Edinburg, Scotland-based John Lewis Partnership PLC's furniture sales after it more than doubled the size of its beds apartments. The company's rise tot he top after years in second place is said to be partly because of its staff's detailed...
- All MFI stores will offer Silentnight beds. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p2
Announces the plan of MFI to begin stocking Silentnight Group bed across Great Britain in April 1999, following a ten-week trial in Scotland.
- A question of quality. Bennewith, Jeremy // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p12
Focuses on the budget sector of the bed market in Great Britain. Definitions of budget bed; Forecast decline in the budget bed business as well as evolutionary changes as customers become more affluent; Features of budget beds offered by furniture manufacturers.
- Wild West still lives in specialty sleep arena. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p105
Introduces bedding products at the Specialty Sleep Expo in Chicago, Illinois. Image of comfort of conventional bedding; Line of advertisement on platform bed mattresses; Strategy of advertisement producers on comfortable products.
- Power beds still big at retail. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;09/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the stable demand for grand-scale beds in the United States. Availability of so-called power beds at middle and upper price points; Strength of the bedroom category in several key cities; Resurgence of wall beds; Merchandising opportunities offered by power beds for retailers. ...
- Broad range of beds wins buyers applause. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Reports on trends in metal and wood beds, futons and daybeds in the U.S. as of October 2002. New designs and features; Target markets.
- Bedding producers offer hot values. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p19
The article reports on the blockbuster bedding market at the Las Vegas furniture market in Nevada. Bedding retailers found sharply priced and value-added lines galoes as well as some spectacular showroom presentations designed to inspire and entertain. Some of the bedding products launched at...
- Topnotch. Pulling // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p10
Provides an overview of the market for beds in Great Britain. Factors affecting public perception of beds; Efforts of retailers and manufacturers to market beds; Market trends; Tips for 1999.
- Moving with the times. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p12
Reports on the growing popularity of adjustable beds among consumers in Great Britain. Factors driving the trend; Increase in adjustables' share of the bed market; Lifestyle issues considered by manufacturers of adjustable beds; Quality lessons for consumers.