Concession for growth
- A Fresh Take On a Farmers' Market. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Jun2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p84
Features Henry's Marketplace in Costa Mesa, California. Lot area of the store; Ambience of the store; Kind of produce being sold in the store.
- Grainger Continues SoCal Expansion. S. M. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Apr2005, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p38
Reports on the expansion of Grainger branches across California as of April 2005. Opening of a full-service branch in San Diego's Sorrento Valley; Relocation of its Ontario branch to Rancho Cucamonga; Services being offered by the company.
- 2 new locations for Mattress Giant. // Furniture/Today;8/18/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p29
The article reports on the launch of bedding retailer Mattress Giant's two stores in the U.S., which increased the company's store count to 360. These include one in Orlando, Florida managed by Kevin McKale and another in Houston, Texas on Northwest Highway under the supervision of Lansing...
- La-Z-Boy opens 2 U.S. stores. // Furniture/Today;2/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p29
The article reports that La-Z-Boy Inc. has opened two new furniture galleries in the U.S. The new facilities are located in Phoenix, Oregon and in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The Oregon-based store features a full selection of La-Z-Boy upholstery, occasional furniture and home accents, while the...
- Wild Oats' latest prototype causes gridlock in Tampa. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/24/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p2
The article focuses on the opening of the new branch of Wild Oats Market Inc. in Tampa, Florida. The version of the company's food retailing made an appeal to the residents of the state. Approximately 2,800 people passed through the store for a preview event the evening before the grand opening....
- Kitchenmonger expands. // Housewares;Jan2006, Issue 195, p48
The article reports that the cookshop chain Kitchenmonger has entered into a management deal with the General Trading Company (GTC) to open her fifth unit. Kitchenmonger has taken 800sq ft as a department in homewares specialist GTC's Cirencester store. Denise Gilbert, owner of four existing...
- Harvey Nichols to open its doors in Saudi Arabia. Buxton, Philip // Marketing Week;6/24/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p8
Reports on London, England-based Harvey Nichols Department Store's expansion into Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Preparations for the operation; Includes licensing agreement with King Faisal Foundation; Details of the agreement.
- Chicopee Savings Opens Ware Branch. // BusinessWest;3/2/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p69
The article reports on the move of Chicopee Savings Bank to open a new branch in Ware, Massachusetts. According to the article, the event was presented by bank representatives and town officials. In addition, it affirms that the bank has also had retail chains among various places in the state...
- Dec. Comps Cap Best Year Since 1992. // Chain Store Age;Feb99, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p166
Reports that same-store sales in the United States rose in 1998. Rate of increase; Rise in comps of chain stores.