Magnet revamps top the agenda for Bager
- The Bager formula. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p12
The article presents the interview of managing director of Magnet Inc. Preben Bager. Currently Magnet makes items to stock, rather than order, but Bager wants this to change by the end of 2005 which its parent company Nobia is backing with £5 million of investment. Then all Nobia businesses...
- People. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2008, Issue 5580, p4
The article announces appointments of several executives in the British furniture industry including Robin Terrell as John Lewis Direct marketing director, Carole Michie as Ashley Manor Upholstery and AMX Designs sales representative and Preben Bager as Nobia's chief executive officer.
- Strategy for Y2K and Beyond. Kelly, Graham // Chain Store Age;Jun99, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p92
Suggests supply-chain solutions to gain true competitive advantage in the retail industry. Factors that contribute to high cost structures; Implications of separate transportation and distribution practices.
- Store Sizes Creep Up. // Chain Store Age;Jul2002, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p76
Presents the results of a survey on the expansion efforts of chain store retailers in the U.S. in 2001. Details on size changes made to stores that opened during the year; Information on the building costs; Fixtures used.
- City streets: The new urban mall. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep93, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p53
Opinion. Comments on the expansion of retail chain stores in residential areas. Increase in shopping choices; Shopping experience in Brooklyn, New York; Storefront retailers as a non-threat to regional malls; Neighborhoods as microeconomic areas; Effect of era of survival of the fittest;...
- Gap, Dillard's produce solid first quarters; Nordstrom does not. Ryan, Thomas J.; Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/14/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 93, p1
Reports on the first-quarter results of the top retail chains in the United States in 1999. Retailers posting positive results; Chains posting negative gains for the quarter; Factors driving results.
- As in Life, Timing is Everything. Hanover, Dan // Chain Store Age;Mar1999, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p80
Discusses the concept of on-again-off-again retailing. Information on Tuesday Morning store; Two premises of the concept; Reason for the success of the limited-hour store chains; Why standard inventory-replenishment systems do not work for on-again-off-again retailers.
- Budget-minded retailers maximize dollars. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jul93, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p56
Reports on retail companies' shopping attitude on physical support systems. List of companies surveyed; Construction costs; Lighting costs; Heating, ventilation and air conditioning costs; Effect of store size.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Miller, Hal // Model Retailer;Jul2012, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses the efforts of large retailer chains in the U.S. to level the playing field with Internet retailers by pressuring manufacturers to produce in-store only products or set minimum prices.