Tall ship termites
- Sustained Release 1-MCP Device for ETHYLENE PROTECTION. Macnish, Andrew; Joyce, Daryl; Irving, Donald; Wearing, Alan // FloraCulture International;Jun2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p26
Discusses the potential of 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP), an ethylene-binding inhibitor and synthetic gas, as a fumigation treatment. Evaluation of short- and long-term protective effects on cut flowers; Efficacy of 1-MCP in maximizing protection against ethylene after export; Benefits offered...
- Occupational exposure to aluminium phosphide and phosphine gas? A suspected case report and review of the literature. Sudakin, DL // Human & Experimental Toxicology;Jan2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p27
The manufacture and application of aluminium phosphide fumigants pose risks of inhalation exposure to phosphine gas. This article presents a case report of suspected inhalation exposure to phosphine gas in a manufacturing facility for aluminium phosphide fumigants, which was associated with...
- Telone supplies to be limited for 2009. // Southeast Farm Press;3/18/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p32
The article reports on the announcement of Dow AgroSciences LLC regarding the reduction of its Telone supplies for 2009. Considering its commitment in working to find comprehension solutions to the short supply position, the company is restricting Telone II soil fumigant and Telone C-17 soil...
- Book review. Pearson, Andy // Lighting Research & Technology;Dec2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p335
Provides information on the report "Utraviolet Air Disinfection." Contents of the report; Significance of the report.
- fumigate:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p43
A definition of the term "fumigate" is presented. This refers to the process of controlling pests by using toxic fumes produced by a fumigant.
- fumigant:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p43
A definition of the term "fumigant" is presented. This refers to a gaseous substance which is used to control pests in the soil and in the greenhouse.
- Synthesis of 4-(1 H-Azol-1-ylmethyl)benzohydrazides and Their Acyclic and Heterocyclic Derivatives. Osyanin, V.; Purygin, P.; Belousova, Z. // Russian Journal of General Chemistry;Jan2005, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p111
4-(1 H-Azol-1-ylmethyl)benzohydrazides were prepared from methyl 4-(bromomethyl)benzoate, azoles, and hydrazine hydrate. Reactions of 4-(1 H-imidazol-1-ylmethyl)benzohydrazide with carbonyl compounds gave hydrazones whose tautomerism was studied. From the hydrazides, 1,3,4-oxadiazoles,...
- Comparison of the Chlorine Inactivation of Yersinia enterocolitica in Chlorine Demand and Demand-Free Systems. Virto, R.; Sanz, D.; �lvarez, I.; Condon, S.; Raso, J. // Journal of Food Protection;Sep2005, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p1816
Inactivation of Yersinia enterocolitica by chlorine (0.6 to 20 ppm) was investigated in distilled water and in tryptic soy broth (TSB, 0.015%) at different temperatures (4, 20, and 40�C). In distilled water, chlorine inactivation of Y. enterocolitica was enhanced by increasing the temperature...
- Toxicology and Hazard Assessment of 1, 3-Dichloropropene (Telone II). Albrecht, William N. // Archives of Environmental Health;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 5
Examines the toxicology and hazards of occupational exposure to 1,3-dicholoropropene (DCP). Evaluation on inhalation toxicity of DCP by the workers; Risk of DCP contact to agricultural workers; Characteristics of DCP chemicals.