- Get What You Need from Your Dealer Program. Leiser, Craig // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p98
Advises security systems dealers planning to join a dealer program in the United States. Evaluation of documents and contracts; Participation in training, industry activities and dealer meetings; Management of business relationship.
- Help wanted. Perlik, Allison // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the security systems industry's problems with finding and holding good employees in the United States. One of the industry's major dilemmas; Information from `SDM' magazine's 1999 Industry Forecast; Lack of role models; Importance of employee training.
- Guarding Diversifies. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2004, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the list of new and emerging officer assignments in the United States. Rank of the largest guard firms based on a survey of the firms and voluntary responses; Importance of interacting with the public in the aspect of the security officer job; Plans on numerous levels to increase...
- To the Trained Eye. Mesenbrink, John // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p13
Reports the importance of proper training of dealers in the security systems industry in the United States. Availability of training programs; Correlation to business effectiveness and profitability; Importance of participation in seminars at trade shows.
- AVAD Introduces New Training Program. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2015, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p122
The article reports on the launch of the "Commercial Days" training program by AVAD LLC, a provider of solutions to the residential and commercial custom installation markets.
- Growing Tide of Mandated Regulations. Daniels, Rick // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2004, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the Security Industry Association's 2004 Corporate Security Roundtable meeting in Miami, Florida. Issues regarding industry regulations addressed during the convention; Factors affecting the industry; Challenges encountered by the security industry.
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p81
The article presents a calendar of events related to the security systems industry. An event titled "Executive Protection" is going to be held from December 4 to 5, 2006 at St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. Another event titled "Authentication and Online Trust Summit 2007," is going to be held from...
- Make employee training a goal in 1999. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p11
Editorial. Comments on the importance of employee training programs in the electronic security industry. Major factor in retaining employees; Complexity of security systems; Improvement of customer retention rates.
- Best partnership marketing honored. Price // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p62
Presents the recipients of the 1999 Securing America Awards for marketing communications sponsored by the periodical `SDM.' Includes Protection One's winning of the best end-user sales literature for residential purposes; First Alert Professional Security Systems' winning in the best outreach...