- MATCH YOUR GENSET TO YOUR APPLICATION. Gougebas, Ann // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p76
Presents a list of fire-rescue vehicles and genset types and sizes that match the application. Capacity of power-take-off and hydraulic generators for use in rescue vehicles; Applicability of portable gensets for brush trucks; Power requirements of command centers.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p208
The article reports on equipment which is being used by various fire departments. A pumper which is used by the fire department in Alsip, Illinois is discussed, as is a pumper which was designed by the fire department in Concord Township, Indiana. Rescue boats which have been purchased by the...
- PUMPERS WITH ALTITUDE. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Feb2008, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p34
The article offers information on fire truck pumpers with aerials. It was stated that pumpers with aerial devices are effective alternatives to separate aerial ladder or platform when firefighters conduct firefighting and rescue duties. Furthermore, other advantages of a structure pumper with...
- 7 Critical Questions When Choosing a Suspension System. Simons, JoAnne // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p78
Provides considerations in the selection of a suspension system for fire vehicles. Ride quality; Weight equalization; Roll stability.
- SHOP NEWS. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p54
Reports on developments about emergency vehicles in the U.S. as of February 2003. National Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Commission test date; Illinois Fire Apparatus Mechanics Association seminar/workshop; Annual emergency vehicle training symposium of the Florida Association of...
- No Ugly Duckling. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p68
Focuses on fire department's tanker that has proven itself as one of the most valuable and versatile rigs in the department's fleet. Most common use for tankers; Need for a department to demonstrate that it can start pumping 250gpm within five minutes of the first engine's arrival meet the...
- Chiefs Must Get Creative to Find Narrowbanding Dollars, Panelist Says. // Fire Chief;Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the need for fire departments in the U.S. to upgrade their radio systems to meet the narrowbanding mandate of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Chiefs link with ITN to launch Beyond Blue Lights. // Fire;Oct2015, Vol. 111 Issue 1382, p9
The article reports that the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) has partnered with the Film Production firm, ITN Productions, to launch Beyond Blue Lights, a news and current affairs-style programme, and raise awareness regarding fire safety and advancement in fire department's equipments.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2011, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p157
The article features several fire apparatus products being used by various U.S. fire departments, including the Pierce pumper tanker, American LaFrance rescue truck, and the E-One platform ladder truck.