- Products & Services. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p65
Lists companies providing products and services to fire departments in the U.S. Alarm systems; Breathing apparatus; Blankets; Communications equipment; Hydrants.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p76
Presents several fire department equipment in the U.S. Respirator; Monitor; Four-gas detector; Convertible tablet computer.
- The phone pager. Carter, John E. // Electronics Now;May93, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p45
Describes how to build a phone pager to simplify telephone communications within your home or workplace. How the pager operates; Building phone pager; Parts list; Packaging phone pager; Test and alignment; Installation; Details.
- Chiefs Must Get Creative to Find Narrowbanding Dollars, Panelist Says. // Fire Chief;Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the need for fire departments in the U.S. to upgrade their radio systems to meet the narrowbanding mandate of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Chiefs link with ITN to launch Beyond Blue Lights. // Fire;Oct2015, Vol. 111 Issue 1382, p9
The article reports that the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) has partnered with the Film Production firm, ITN Productions, to launch Beyond Blue Lights, a news and current affairs-style programme, and raise awareness regarding fire safety and advancement in fire department's equipments.
- Cobham Awarded Contracts Valued at $26 million for US Army Digital Vehicle Intercom Systems. // Military Technology;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the 26 million-dollar contract awarded to Cobham PLC's Cobham Defence Communications business from Northrop Grumman Corp. to supply ROVIS (AN/VIC-3) digital vehicular intercom systems.
- Fall preplanning for safe ice rescue operations, part 3. Zaferes, Andrea; Hendrick, Walt "Butch" // Fire Engineering;Nov99, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p79
Part III. Focuses on equipment that fire departments' ice rescue teams must consider when preparing for the fall season. Personal flotation devices (PFD); Turnout gear; Technician surface ice rescue suits; Tools to wear on a PFD; Antislip soles or ice cleats; Rescue throw rope bags; Water rescue...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep95 Supplement, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p3
Introduces various fire engineering equipment and supplies that were delivered by manufacturers to fire departments in the United States as of September 1995. Includes Michigan's Novi Fire Department's purchase of Seagrave's pumper; Connecticut's North Conventry Volunteer Fire Department's...
- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p46
The article offers information on fire stations in Minnesota that share a common wall with the community center. It mentions that fire stations that make a statement about what they stand and who they are proclaim that the fire service is a significant part of the community. It states that some...