Flooded Engine Care
- Rescue Aircraft. Wolhart, Dayna // Emergency Vehicles;1991, p30
The article discusses emergency rescue aircraft. Airplanes and helicopters can be used as emergency vehicles. They are used for search and rescue. Sometimes the help after natural disasters by bringing people food, clothes and medicine. Sometimes they evacuate people from dangerous areas. ...
- Electronically Linked. Schmidt, David // Yachting;Jul2014, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p61
The article discusses the use of Cospas-Sarsat Search and Rescue Satellite System by ACR 406 MHz personal locator beacons.
- Estonia Approves Additional AW139 Helo Purchase. // Defense Daily International;12/19/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p11
The article reports on the approval given by the Government of Estonia on the purchase of a third AW139 helicopter for the Border Guard to perform search and rescue, medical evacuation and border patrol duties. It states that the aircraft, which will be delivered in the last quarter of 2010,...
- Deep thinking. Fisher, Richard // Engineer (00137758);9/10/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7659, p26
No abstract available.
- Subsea saviours. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);11/10/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7780, p22
The article identifies the advantages of using robot submarines in assuring safety in search and rescue missions. Marine engineers emphasize that robot submarines offer effective search under the water and offer more effective rescue missions. Certain devices are sent under the water to gather...
- New Submarine Rescue System is First Deployed During International Exercise. Dunlap, Gary H.; Halwach, James E. // Sea Technology;Nov2008, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the first operational deployment of Falcon, the submarine rescue diving and recompression system, which replaced U.S. Navy's deep-submergence rescue vehicles, Mystic and Avalon. The first operational deployment of Falcon was regarded as a complete success during the...
- Lost & Alone. Johnson, Rich; Rank, Erik // Outdoor Life;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 212 Issue 6, p60
Discusses ways to survive during the events of search-and-rescue operations. Techniques to be easily located by search-and-rescue teams; Guide for establishing a camp that would be visible to rescuers; Procedure for creating recognizable signaling devices; Advice on using survival and emergency...
- Time Saver. Sonnenfeld, Barry // Esquire;May2005, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p48
Presents an article on the use of the Breitling emergency watch in emergency situations. Experiences in an airplane crash; Features of the watch; Advantages of the watch to search and rescue operations.
- RESCUE ME. Roberts, Andy // Land Rover Monthly;Feb2016, Issue 213, p62
The article focuses on the business organization known as the Automobile Association. Topics discussed include a brief description of the business organization and its After Dark Rescue and Night Service squad, the vehicles used by the organization in its operations including the KLX 770...