7 Critical Questions When Choosing a Suspension System
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep95 Supplement, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p3
Introduces various fire engineering equipment and supplies that were delivered by manufacturers to fire departments in the United States as of September 1995. Includes Michigan's Novi Fire Department's purchase of Seagrave's pumper; Connecticut's North Conventry Volunteer Fire Department's...
- Knox - Serving Fire Departments Since 1975. // Fire Engineering;Dec2016, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p91
The article offers information on KnoxÂ® Co. which serves the fire departments since 1975, and mentions company's products such as the Knox-BoxÂ® rapid-entry system and the KnoxÂ® Fire Department Connection (FDC) Locking Caps and Plugs.
- Suspensions. Allred, Matt // American Snowmobiler;Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p76
Presents techniques for enhancing the suspension performance of snowmobiles. Considerations in snowmobile handling, turning and traction; Ways to control suspension compression and rebound; Functions of external reservoir shocks.
- Iveco suspension. // Motor Transport;5/24/2007, p12
The article reports that Iveco has introduced a revised Hendrickson rear air suspension across its entire 12- to 14-tonne Eurocargo range, which adds 135 kilograms to the maximum payload. The weight saving has been made by replacing the existing four-bag system with a two-bag version.
- Canada-friendly suspension. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2005, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p108
Features the Vantraax air-ride trailer suspension system from Hendrickson. Capacity expansion; Technology underlying the model; Advantages of its large-diameter axle.
- Analytical and experimental studies on active suspension system of light passenger vehicle to improve ride comfort. Senthil Kumar, M.; Vijayarangan, S. // Mechanika;2007, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p34
This paper describes the development of active suspension system of light passenger vehicle to improve ride comfort of the passengers using PID (Proportional -- Integral -- Derivative) controller. The system is subjected to bumpy road and its performance is assessed and compared with a passive...
- Tanker suspension system. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 161 Issue 8, p120
Focuses on the Intraax tanker suspension system from Hendrickson International. Features of the suspension system; Advantages of the Intraax system.
- Stocks ABC of suspension modification. // Motor Equipment News;Jun2009, p6
This article presents information on suspension modification as a way to improve the performance and appearance of automobiles. According to Stocks, a New Zealand-based company which distributes suspension brands such as KYB, Koni and King Springs, changing the springs to lower a vehicle is one...
- BOSE SUSPENSION SOUNDS GOOD. Robinson, Peter // Wheels;Oct2004, p28
Presents information on an automobile active suspension system developed by Bose Corp. founder Amar Bose. Target weight of the system; Features of the suspension.