- New Emergency Vehicle to Assist Mine Rescue Efforts. Williams, Walt // State Journal (WV);3/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the move of the state officials in Charleston, West Virginia to unveil the emergency response vehicle which will aid mine rescue teams.
- 101 Questions to Ask Before Purchasing Fire Apparatus. Stankus, Mike // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/19/2012, p1
A list of the 101 questions to ask before purchasing fire apparatus from a master emergency vehicle technician's point of view is presented.
- TO THE RESCUE. // WardsAuto Dealer Business;Aug2012, p12
The article focuses on the disaster related to the Waldo Canyon wildfires and the role of Phil Long Ford, a vehicle dealership service at Colorado Springs, Colorado, in saving thousands of people. It informs that around 18,000 acres of land and approximately 350 homes were destroyed in the...
- Air Controllers. // IMBA Trail News;2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
The article features the bike patrollers Whistler Bike Park in Whistler, British Columbia. Wearing body armor and full-face helmets, the bike patrollers serve more than 1,000 riders a day by scanning for inappropriate gear and helping beginners find a safe route to the bottom of the trail. They...
- Middle can be Just Right. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Jul2008, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p80
The article provides information on the required equipment for light-rescue vehicles for emergencies. It states that many fire departments face an increasing need to perform specialized rescues, but don't have the space to carry all the required equipment. It suggests that for the departments...
- Marshalled Forces. Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p54
Reports on Ohio's statewide fire-rescue response plan and its acquisition of a major incident response vehicle. Interoperability options; Compilation of list of investigative equipment; Interoperable radio communications issue; Donations to the project.
- Glossary. Wolhart, Dayna // Emergency Vehicles;1991, p46
The article presents vocabulary terms helpful for persons interested in learning about emergency vehicles. Some of the terms included in the glossary are 'distress signals,' 'hulls,' 'maneuverable' and 'rollbacks'.
- Fire-fighting vehicle responds fast to airport emergencies. // Design News;6/25/90, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p46
Introduces the S2000 VMA, a fire-fighting vehicle which is being used at the Charles de Gaulle and Orly international airports in France. Engine performance; Structural design and dimensions; Automatic transmission and braking system.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p106
Features several new emergency vehicles. Capacity of the American LaFrance MedicMaster ambulance; Engine specifications for Seagrave Fire Apparatus' Attacker pumper; Capabilities of seventy-fight foot Side-Stacker acquired by the Oakland Fire & Rescue.