ACCESS CONTROLS AND LOCKS
- BOOM TIMES: New Economy, Technology DOMINATE. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p57
Provides insights into the present condition and future trends in the security systems industry in the United States. 2000 revenues by security dealer firms; Diversification in the industry; Consolidation among manufacturing firms; Impact of high energy costs on the industry; Business...
- Largest security and alarm companies. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/31/96 Supplement Lists97, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p178
Presents a listing of the largest security and alarm companies in New Orleans, Louisiana ranked by revenue in 1995. Number of local and companywide full-time employees; Types of services available; Location of the companies' headquarters.
- AAF renews affiliation with the NBFAA. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p33
Reports on the Alarm Association of Florida's (AAF) renewal of its affiliation with the National Burglar Alarm and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA). Need for the AAF to have more access to and a more active role in decisions made at the national level; NBFAA member benefits and resources.
- NBFAA turns 50. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun98 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p15
Presents information on the founding and development of the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA), in the United States. When the association was started; Founding members of the association; Date the first convention of the association was held; Celebration of the 50th...
- Top ranks: Security & alarm companies. Carbonaro, Maria J. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/01/2000 Book of Lists 2000, p28
Ranks the top security and alarm companies in Central New York State based on number of local employees as of October 1999. Includes ADT Security Services Inc.; Time Warner Security; Sentinel Security & Communications Inc.; Syracuse Time & Alarm Co. Inc.
- Transformation Trumps Convergence. Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p48
The author reflects on the time for some serious resolutions for a security industry in a state of transformation in the U.S. He states that transformation is occurring at all levels within the traditional physical security industry. He adds that 2008 is the year for change, to hire an executive...
- NBFAA Launches National P.R. Campaign. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p20
Reports the launching of the official public relations campaign of the National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association in Silver Spring, Maryland. Promotion of the role of security industry in securing homes and businesses; Participation of every members in the campaign; Availability of media kits...
- 'HOTTEST' & 'COLDEST' CITIES FOR ACCESS CONTROL. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p59
Examines the business climates and employment conditions in three U.S. cities that make them attractive to the electronic security industry. Hartford-New Haven, Connecticut, to the electronic security industry; Minneapolis-Saint Paul in Minnesota; Chicago, Illinois.
- FIRE ALARM DIVERTS DISASTER. O'Connell, Tim // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p42
Discusses the benefits of fire alarm system from A.S.P. Security Systems, which earned the 2004 SDM/NBFAA First Line of Defense Award. Dangers of fire; Reference to several cases that test the capacity of fire alarm systems in saving lives and properties; Utilization of a FBI XL-2T master...