NEWS & NOTES
- EARLY CHRISTMAS FOR DEFENCE CONTRACTORS. // Interavia Business & Technology;Nov2001, Vol. 56 Issue 658, p4
Focuses on the business venture of the United States Department of Defense and BAE Systems to build the Joint Strike Fighter in Great Britain. Impact of US terrorism on the economy; Benefits of the deal; Product offerings of BAE Systems.
- Pentagon celebrates roll-out of new 5000 series regulations. Johnson, Collie J. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the highlights of a Pentagon awards ceremony conducted on May 3, 1996 which brought out some of the best and brightest throughout the Department of Defense's professional acquisition community. Message from the guest speaker; Keynote speaker for the celebration; Event awardees;...
- DoD Acquisition Policy and Deskbook Design Team wins Hammer Award. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p83
Reports that the United States Department of Defense Acquisition Policy and Deskbook Design Team has received the 1999 Hammer Award of US Vice Presidents Al Gore. Recognition of teams of federal employees and their partners; Support of the President's National Performance Review principles.
- Forever Fed. Hylton, Chawndese // Government Executive;Dec2012, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p10
The article focuses on 92-year-old Sarkis Tatigian who is the oldest U.S. Department of Defense employee and has been working with the agency for 70 years.
- 2004 PHOENIX AWARD WINNER ANNOUNCED. // Defense AT&L;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p98
Reports on the recognition given by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. Grant of the Phoenix Trophy; Presentation of the award at the 2004 DoD Maintenance Symposium and Exhibition; Significance of the award.
- Defense Department honors employers. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p16
Names several Nevada employers which were honored in September 1997 by the Defense Department for their support of employees participating in the Guard and Reserves.
- ESGR accepting nominations for Freedom Award. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p19
The article announces that the U.S. Secretary of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is accepting nominations from the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard members, as well as their families, for the 2010 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
- Courage Under Fire. Burton, Janice // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;May/Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p36
The article announces the recognition of Staff Sergeant Jamal Bowers by the U.S. Department of Defense on its African-American History Observance in Austin, Texas.
- Economy. // Defense;1997, Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the contracts awarded by the US Department of Defense from its procurement program to small businesses throughout the country. Awards to small disadvantaged business; Procurement program total; Total awards.