CFAI Accredits 13 Fire Departments
- RFSI seeking nominees for Life Safety Achievement awards. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p54
Reports on Residential Fire Safety Institute's announcement that the deadline for submission of nominees for the Life Safety Achievement award will be on May 31, 2000.
- NVFC Opens Nominations for Lifetime Achievement Awards. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/4/2012, p2
The article reports on the nominations being accepted by the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) for the NVFC Lifetime Achievement Award and the Fire Prevention Award. The criteria for the Lifetime Achievement Award includes having served as a volunteer firefighter for 20 years and must have...
- Fire services charity wins a clutch of awards. // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p5
Reports that the Fire Services National Benevolent Fund has received a recognition for its financial and accounting processes at the Great Britain Charity Awards 2005 in London, England. Recipients of the award; Criteria selection of the award; Objective of the award.
- Spirit of Fire Awards 2014 nominees announced. // Fire;Mar2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1366, p6
The article announces the nominees of the 2014 Spirit of Fire Awards organised by the Fire Fighters Charity in several categories including Team of the Year, Best Newcomer of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Total Firefighter Safety. Lynch, Andrew // Fire;Nov2015, Vol. 111 Issue 1383, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the event, excellence in fire and emergency awards; the 2015 Congress on Firefighter Safety; and the concept of total firefighter safety.
- New chief commended for commitment to equality. // Fire;Jan2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1364, p4
The article announces that Phil Loach, chief fire officer (CFO) of West Midlands Fire Service, has received the Asian Fire Service Association (AFSA) Award for Leadership in Equality and Diversity during the AFSA's fifth international annual conference held in Manchester, England.
- FIFTEEN SMOKEY AWARDS PRESENTED FOR 1999. Laursen, Dianne Daley // Fire Management Today;Fall2000, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p33
Reports the awarding of the Smokey Bear Awards honoring contributors to wildland fire prevention through the Cooperative Forest Fire Prevention partnership program in the United States. Award recipients; Contributions of the recipients; Revision of the nomination process. INSET: WHAT FACTORS...
- Firefighter! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p1
Offers information on how firefighters stay safe and provides fire safety tips for families.
- The Firefighter's Toolbox. Savedge, Jennifer // Odyssey;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p32
Presents information on the firefighter's toolbox.